26. pride

Your packing up began

Your packing up began. It was strange, as when you came home after school, there would be new boxes, every day, courtesy of your dad, outside your room, so you could store your things in them. 

(Though, Oikawa was probably getting the same treatment, so there was some comfort.)

As the hours flew by, you found yourself pondering about going to another country. Scotland seemed like an entirely different planet, and the mere idea of going out of Japan scared you slightly.

The notion of going to London, however, was a stranger case, in some respects. 

You'd been to London, as a child. It had only been once, and you didn't remember it very well, but your father had told you that the area you'd stayed in during your visit had been called Southbank. Apparently, it was a borough right next to the river that ran through the capital city.

And you did recall it, a bit. A couple of words used to describe it could be… grey and busy. Yet when the sun shone, on rarer days, the Thames would sparkle like a diamond, and flocks of people would be walking happily down the promenade, enjoying the various attractions that had been set up. 

Again, worlds away from what you were used to.

You were no stranger to change, but this one really seemed to take the biscuit.

You hung around with people a lot more than usual, yet you held back on telling them. Yet with Rin in particular, you were reluctant to tell, so you distanced yourself from her in a passive manner. It felt quite nice, to be honest.

Going around to Sosuke's house and watching anime with him and Himari also became a staple routine, every Wednesday evening, at around 7ish. 

Well, until it was interrupted, one day, on your way out to their house, when a notification popped up on your home screen, with a familiar contact name.

Oikawa: 
Hey
Can you come over?

You:
I don't know where you live???

Oikawa: 
(Location on Google maps sent)

You:
I'm- 😀
What about volleyball practice???

Oikawa:
That's already done silly I got home half an hour ago

You:
O h
What for then

Oikawa:
Idk
I feel kinda lonely

You:
… fine I'm coming 
I'll be there in 10 minutes or something 

You shot a quick text to Sosuke, apologising about not being able to make it today, before clicking on the link Oikawa had sent you, and starting your trek over to his home.

Little did you know how much was going to happen.

-

When you arrived, you felt poor. It was a… how to describe it? A white villa seemed appropriate, since it was quite big, and looked as if it had at least 2 floors. There was a small garden leading up to the building, making for a neat front lawn; the design of the house itself was very modern and minimalist, so in that respect it wasn't exceptionally showy. It was part of the same line out complexes throughout the street you were on, leading you to believe you were in a pretty rich neighbourhood.