Kiss Me Until I Forget (Hergi, Lusid)

A/N: Hergi is the ship name for Bragi and Hermod. Lusid is the ship name for Yen Sid and Luxu (pronounced like lucid). The basis of this fic was born way back when Dark Road stuff was being revealed, and some theories went around that Hermod was young Yen Sid and Bragi was one of Luxu's past vessels/bodies. There's implied Xehaqus, mild language, and scenes that almost look like smut, but I promise it's just kissing. There’s no smut written here.

♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Hm…" Yen Sid strokes that long grey beard of his, closing his eyes as he sinks into thought. "Perhaps...we would get further if we split our forces."

"In what way, master?" King Mickey Mouse asks, cocking his head to the side.

"Master Aqua has informed me of the progress made in training the other keyblade wielders. Kairi especially has grown."

Yen Sid opens his eyes as his hand settles back down on his desk. "I propose we split into groups. One group will go with you, and the other with Master Aqua. Master Aqua's group will gain more field experience exploring the worlds to deal with any heartless or nobodies. Thus, it should be filled primarily with inexperienced wielders."

"And my group?"

"Your group will be a smaller one, primarily filled with more experienced wielders. You and your group will continue to study Scala ad Caelum for clues. I leave it up to you and Master Aqua to decide your groups."

"Yes, Master Yen Sid." Mickey bows before the wizard before making his exit.

Yen Sid sighs, slumping over in his chair. He lets out the breath he'd been holding his whole talk with King Mickey. "I can only hope we find a lead soon."

So that we're not caught off guard.

Even though Yen Sid knows his allies are a talented group, and that Riku has already made progress in finding Sora, he still holds his doubts. Many times before now they've been caught unawares in the enemy's plan. The unexpected infiltration of Sora and Riku's Mark of Mastery exam was one of the worst offenses, and it was humiliating to Yen Sid that even he hadn't the faintest clue of it till it was almost too late.

One can't blame Master Yen Sid for hoping that this time he or his allies will discover the enemy's plan this time.

He may not be a wielder out there training, Mickey searching Scala ad Caelum, or Riku exploring another world for Sora, but holding himself up all this time, acting like the wise sage that always knows what to do, and being a wise figurehead of sorts is exhausting in its own right.

Even in his sleep Master Yen Sid can't relax, with his fears that the worst will happen manifesting into nightmares. What he would give for even a moment of reprieve, time away from his own thoughts.

Not that he can complain though, since he's not doing any real work like the others.

Yen Sid rapidly straightens his back out again, sitting up straight, as the hinges of the wooden door that leads in and out of the room creak.

Surely that's not Mickey, he thinks, because unless it is an emergency, he won't be so disrespectful.

Unless it's Lea?

Though, Yen Sid isn't sure who would not only be so disrespectful as not to knock, but who would willingly come to see him.

Who…?

A tall, lanky man steps through the doorway, closing the door behind him as quietly as possible. He wears a black leather coat that nearly extends down to the ground over black pants and a pair of black leather boots, as well as a pair of black leather gloves. He pulls the hood off his head, revealing a face with a mischievous smirk. A jagged scar trails diagonally across his left cheek, almost reaching his single golden eye. The other eye is covered with an eyepatch.