Chapter 40

Harry had gotten a vision about Sirius being attacked. He had gotten it a few days after the O.W.L.s and was in a state of panic. "Harry calm down" said Hermione "no, Sirius is in danger" he retorted. "We don't even know if he really is," said Hermione. "What if it's him" Ron said "come on mate" said Ron "Sirius is in danger I know it" Harry said. "Please just help me," Harry said.

Hermione had come up with a plan to sneak into Umbridge's office and use her fireplace to contact Sirius. Ginny, Luna, and Neville would stand guard in the corridors to redirect students. "Why won't the door open?" Harry said stabbing the door knob with the knife Sirius gave him. "Move" you said walking into the classroom where her office was kept with Draco following behind. They all moved out of the way and walked down the small steps. "Confringo" you said shooting a blitz of fire exploding the wall of the door in flames.

Harry ran in and threw a bit of what looked like floo powder into the fire and said "Grimmauld Place. Harry was talking for what felt like forever. You were standing guard at the now exploded door with Draco. "Its Umbridge," you said, "what do we do?" asked Ron. You held your wand out and stepped out of your hiding spot. "Confringo" you said unleashing a blitz of fire exploding all of the desks in flames. "What are you doing?" Hermione asked "giving us time" you said. "Inendio" you said setting more things on fire in the classroom.

Umbridge finally put out the fire with the help of the other students with her. They also had Ginny, Luna, and Neville. She walked into the classroom with the students behind her and they all grabbed you. Umbridge went over and Grabbed Harry out of the fireplace. Hermione was being held up against one of the walls and you were being held by Blaise. Draco gave Blaise a look of pleading for him to release you but he didn't budge. Umbridge was in a furious state of asking everyone what exactly they were doing.

Snape came into the room and stood silent. "Padfoot is in danger" Harry pleaded "what is padfoot?" "what's he talking about?" asked Umbridge. "I have no idea" said Snape walking out of the room. Umbrudge was questioning Harry about the secret weapon for so long Hermione finally gave in, but she wasn't telling the entire truth. She and Harry left the room with Umbridge to find whatever secret weapon she was talking about and left everyone else in her office. "Confundus" you said, sending Blasie into a fit of laughter, you waved your wand at Dracos captor and unleashed a swing of vines. The vines wrapped all around him and allowed Draco to be free. While the other students were distracted Ron hit the guy holding him and punched him in the jaw once more when he got free.

"Close your eyes" you yelled to Luna and Nevile, "lumos solem" you said, sending a beam of bright light at the students holding them. They were blinded and dropped them as they held their hands to their face. You all ran out of the office and down to the forbidden forest. Hermione and Harry were standing there covered in blood. "How did you find us?" Harry asked "we saw you walking down" Ron said "we need to get to the ministry" said Harry.

Ron handed Hermione and Harry their wands that Umbridge confiscated in her office. "You three go back up to the castle" Harry said to Luna, Neville, and Ginny "we're coming with you" Ginny retorted "no, you're not" said Harry. "Look I don't want you risking your lives for me" said Harry "Harry we're coming with you" said Neville "look" said Harry "they're coming" you said cutting him off. "We'll be safer in numbers" you added. Harry stopped talking but looked as though he was contemplating what you just said. "Fine" he said "but how're we going to get there?" he asked. "With them" you and Luna said pointing to the trees.

Thestrals were flying down from the sky and landing a few feet away from you. "What exactly are we seeing?" Ron asked "thestrals" you said. "Everyone pick one and get on" you said pulling Draco with you. You helped Hermione and Ron get onto theirs but Ron was still in shock. You and Draco both climbed onto one and Luna helped Neville get on his. "The ministry please" you said and the thestrals all took off into the air. Everyone grabbed on tight as they soared through the trees and finally were in the air.

Draco was holding onto your waist as you held onto the thestrals neck. The ride wasn't very long but it soon turned to night. "Look, we're in london" said Neville. The thestrals started to descend from the air and lower closer to the streets. "I think we're here" you said "I hope so" said Harry. The thestrals all landed on the ground with a clicking sound of their hooves hitting the pavement. "I still prefer brooms," said Ron as he slid off the thestral. "Come on , we need to find him" said Harry running up to the front of the building.

When you entered the building changed into a more wizard friendly place. The lady at the front made everyone get their wand checked which took forever since she was so slow. She then gave everyone visitor passes and Harry took off running "Harry slow down" Hermione called but he didn't listen. "Do you remember which door it was?" Ron asked "I think so" Harry answered. Harry was lying when he said he knew where he was but he didn't care. All he cared about right now was finding Sirius.

Everyone started pushing open doors and those doors led to more doors. "We're lost" said Ron "we're not lost Ron" said Harry. Hermione started drawing X's of fire on the doors that you checked that led to the wrong place. Ron opened a door which led to what looked like brains floating around in a tank of water. "Let's not open that one" he said, closing it back up and tracing an X on it. Harry was sprinting to each door trying to find the one that would lead him to Sirius. There was a door at the end of the hal which glowed a blue light from the bottom of it.

"That one" Harry said, running to it. You all followed after him and pushed it open revealing shelves and shelves of glowing orbs. The door shut behind you but when you looked back it was gone. "Lumos" you said igniting the tip of your wand, "is this it Harry?" you asked "it is". "What row was it?" Hermione asked "97" Harry responded. Harry ran down the aisles checking each number making sure he didn't pass the correct one. "Ninety seven" Hermione called, "he should be at the end of it" Harry said.

"Where is he?" Harry asked "why isn't he here?" "he should be right here!" he shouted. "Uh Harry" said Neville "this has your name on it" he added. Harry walked over to see his name on a plaque labeled "the prophecy". He picked it up and examined it when what looked like memories appeared in it. It was Professor Trelawney but her voice was distorted and sounded dark. "What is it?" you asked "I dunno know" Harry answered.

"Harry, look," Luna said, earning him to whip his head around. It was a shadowy figure walking with a silver mask on. "Who are you?" Harry called but there was no answer, the figure pulled out his wand and waved it across his mask turning it into smoke. "Father".