Chapter 4-Blue Oceans

Without saying a word, he wrapped his arms around me and stuffed his face into my neck, inhaling deeply. I was beyond bewildered. This was such a strange position we were in. I had never been held like this. I had never been held at all. Period.

Is this what it felt like to lay in the arms of another? Is this what it felt like to receive affection? If it was, I never wanted it to end. Even if it was false care and devotion, only given in the foreplay of sex, I still reveled in it. It felt so good. I finally understood why I always saw werewolf mates constantly holding each other and leaving teasing touches on each other's skin as if they couldn't get enough of each other. This man was not my mate but it still felt better than anything I had ever experienced.

Without my permission, as if my body was moving on its own accord, I felt my arms wrap around the king's large body, wanting to be closer to him, to have more of my skin touching his, and to calm his shaking body. The king had been growling harshly in my ear until then, his entire body spasming in fury. However, the moment that my hands touched his warm, bare, muscular back, all of that stopped. He stood perfectly still.

At the feeling of his stillness, I froze as well, sensing his change in demeanor. The only movement from either of us came from the rise and fall of our chests, our ragged breathing seeming to synch into one motion.

After a minute like that, I felt the soft rumbling in his chest and a low growl brush against the hollow of my neck. I stiffened slightly. This growl sounded nothing like the others I had heard from him. This growl sounded more like a purr, quiet and calm.

With his face still in my hair, I felt him nip lightly on my neck, more purrs leaving his chest. The sparks that occurred only when I touched the king increased tenfold the moment his canines scraped against the spot on my neck. My knees nearly collapsed beneath me in shock. The sparks traveled all throughout my body, causing delicious warmth and satisfaction to course through me like a wave. The wave moved slowly, taking its time to touch every single part of my being until I was completely submerged in its warm water, more content than I had ever been. Eventually, the sparks stopped their dancing on my skin and landed with ferocity in my core, leaving behind an intense, tingly feeling that I had never felt before.

The king's lips drifted over the spot on my neck once more before his nose traveled up my throat and across my chin, stopping by my ear. I heard him chuckle softly, his hot breath blowing at the loose hairs that had fallen from my bun.

"I can smell your desire," he whispered huskily. His grip tightened on my waist, "and, god, you have no idea what it's doing to me."

It was his words that snapped me out of my trance with so much force that I nearly jumped out of his arms at that very moment. I felt blood rush up my chest and to my cheeks, staining them what I was sure was a deep red. I was suddenly very aware of the intimate position I was in with the hybrid king. Neither of us had clothing covering our upper halves, leaving my bare breasts pressed against his. I was basically naked and touching the king in a way I had never touched any other man.

I then realized that I had touched him without his permission. It was as if I had no control over myself. What the hell was the matter with me? Had I forgotten everything that Madame Melinda had taught me about my place as a slave? And the better question...

Why did it feel so right to be touching him in that way?

He had been growling in my ear, threatening to kill me by biting on my jugular, even commenting on how bad I smelled. I had just stood there, tightening my arms around him as if I hadn't heard him, just asking for him to punish me. So why hadn't he?

Convincing myself that my behavior was only a cause of the lack of the physical contact I had received throughout my life, I forced my arms to disconnect from his body and drop to my sides. I frowned at how hard it was, like taking two magnets apart.