44. "I'm sorry."

HAVOC EVERLEIGH'S POV

I thanked the driver and shot him a warm smile as I shuffled out of the car, walking towards the entrance of Aaron's building.
I greeted the security agent, watching as he unlocked the glass door for me to go to the elevator.

I groaned silently as I pressed the button that led to the top floor, trying my best to ignore the stomach cramps that would come and go. I trudged silently to Aaron's front door before swiping the card to open it.

I closed the door behind me and directly walked up the stairs to Aaron's room before throwing one of his shirts on as dark clouds slowly formed themselves outside.

I smiled to myself, happy that we'd finally get some rain.
Just as I was about to lay down, I heard the doorbell ring loudly.

I hopped downstairs before opening the door, expecting to see Aaron.

"Oh... it's you," Jasmine said, her posture deflating slightly.

"Jasmine? What are you doing here?" I asked as she pushed past me and waltzed right in.

"I'm here to speak to Aaron," She said before looking around as I sighed.

"He's not here," I said flatly, the somewhat soft expression on her face suddenly replacing itself with a cold stare.

"Good. I've also been meaning to talk to you," She muttered before looking me up and down. "Is that his shirt?" She asked as I smirked slightly and nodded.
I watched as her face contorted itself with rage before slowly regaining its composure.

"A little birdie told me that you and Aaron did the walk of shame out of his parent's house this morning," She taunted as I widened my eyes.

"How—"

"Oh honey, I've known the Romanos and their staff from the day I was born. Obviously, Grant doesn't mind telling me what goes on inside that house," She boasted, prompting me to roll my eyes. "I knew something was up when I hadn't seen Aaron once last night... turns out you were just hogging him."

"You're sick," I muttered.

I watched as the smirk on her face slowly faded away, a disgusted scowl taking over.

"And you're a whore," She spat out, her eyes screaming multiple kinds of crazy. "You had sex with him, didn't you? You fucking slut!" She shouted loudly, making me unconsciously take a step back.

"I'm his girlfriend, so what if I had sex with him?" I questioned, trying my best to remain calm. "You're a lunatic, Jasmine."

"Am I, Havoc?" She grinned before taking a step towards me, "You and I both know that you're nothing but a distraction for him. You don't mean shit to him and anyone that really knows Aaron can see it," She said while poking my chest with her index finger.

"Is someone mad that their childhood crush chose a 'whore' he met a few months ago and not you?" I pouted sarcastically, avoiding the pain her words had made me feel.

"You bitch!" She seethed while raising her hand violently.

"The fuck?" A voice spoke from the front door, earning our attention.
Aaron's icy blue eyes glared at Jasmine before she immediately changed her facial expression.

"Aaron! Thank God you're here— she's trying to pick a fight with me!" She whined before padding over to him as my eyes widened.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!" I exclaimed as she gripped his shirt tightly, feigning fear.
You'd need to be a different kind of fucking psychopath to be able to switch emotions in a split second like she just did.