fifteen

She didn't know where the energy bridge had taken her, but it spit her out exactly the way she had gone in—headfirst

She didn't know where the energy bridge had taken her, but it spit her out exactly the way she had gone in—headfirst. Her limbs flailed wildly in the air for a few seconds before she dropped onto one knee, raising her head to look around.

"I see the Bifrost brought more than expected," a voice observed, deep and echoing off of the golden walls.

Willow stood up, eyeing the man that stood in front of her—he was rather large and daunting with handsome eyes and an unreadable expression on his face.

"Who are you?"

"I am Heimdall, Gatekeeper of Asgard and Guardian of The Bifrost," he turned his back on her and walked over to a raised platform, "I know who you are. But, what are you doing here?"

"I followed a pair of idiots. You don't happen to know where they've gone, do you?"

"I know all and see all. For example, in exactly eight seconds, you'll be discovered and taken before Odin himself," Heimdall said calmly.

"Discovered? I don't—"

"My, my, what do we have here?" A blond man with a cheery smile walked into the dome just then followed by three more warriors, one of whom was a young woman.

"I do love visitors, especially when they happen to be female," he continued, earning himself a slap behind the head by the man with dark hair and what seemed like a permanent scowl.

"Who are you and what is your business here?" The woman demanded.

"Agent Rogers. My business is no concern of yours," she replied, slightly raising her chin.

She realized then that she had a few advantages if it came to a fight—her spear was now safely strapped to her back where it belonged and she'd managed to swipe a gun and a wristlet from the lab before following Thor and Loki.

The super soldier was just about to move into a fighting stance when the young woman's eyes lit up.

"You are the sister of Captain Rogers," she said, stepping forward, "Thor brought his Midgardian companions here to look for you!"

"Ah! Well, we're glad to see you're very much alive," the blond said eagerly.

"I am Fandral. This is Volstagg, Hogun and the Lady Sif."

"Willow."

"We should take her to Thor."

"No!" she interrupted the young woman, "I need to talk to Loki."

The excited atmosphere disappeared instantly and all four warriors shuffled on their feet, shooting each other meaningful glances.

"He stands trial as we speak," Hogun said gruffly, "what you ask is impossible."