~The Only Child~

A mother is supposed to always love her child right?

Once a woman with an unknown name didn't hesitate to drop her 5 year old son into off a bridge. The bridge had about a 80 foot drop into a river with unforgiving rocks. The woman was, as she said 'perfect' and so was her husband so having a less than pretty son wasn't acceptable for the woman. The woman's husband was devastated and the woman covered her evil acts with fake tears of 'despair'. The woman's was never caught, so years pasted until the woman finally gave birth again.

This time unlike before a beautiful baby girl was born. The woman was satisfied with her child and her husband was happy to, although he still dearly missed his first born son. Around 5 years later the woman and her daughter went on a walk on a oh-so -familiar bridge, but this time the woman had no intention of harming her child. Halfway across the bridge the woman's daughter hugged her tightly, whimpering as tears fell down her face.

"What's wrong sweetie?" The woman's asked her daughter.

"I-I love you mommy, I love you very much!" The girl replied. She lowered her voice and whimpered "I'm scared, I'm so scared...I love you mommy".

"I love you to dear, but what are you afraid of?" The woman asked suspecting her daughter had a fear of height.

"I-I'm scared... you'll d-drop me off the bridge... again."

(Fictional story inspired by Pinterest post by "Laura Goins")