Blanche Monnier

Blanche Monnier was a beautiful 25 years old woman in France 1817. She was desperate to get married to someone she loved and move out of her mothers house. She eventually found love, but not one her mother approved of. The man Blanche had fallen for was and older lawyer. Despite her mothers disapproval, Blanche was dead set on marrying the lawyer. The disagreement lead to a vicious argument, Blanche's mother forbade her from meeting with the lawyer and even begged her to end the relationship between them. But Blanche refused to stop seeing the lawyer.

           Blanche's mother knew that her daughter wouldn't give up her feelings, so she took drastic measures. She locked Blanche in their tiny attic with blocked off windows until she promised to end the relationship she had the lawyer. But Blanche had fallen so hard that she could not give up her feelings, if she had to wait in a attic to see her love once more she would wait. So wait she did, she slept on a pile of hay and ate only dinner scraps her mother gave her. She sadly never got to she the lawyer again, because he passed away in the time she was locked up.

        Blanche's mother and brother faked her death and pretended to be grieving when the story was brought up. Since at the time it wasn't that uncommon for people to die suddenly, so no one questioned anything.

It was only till 50 year after she was found in the attic. Blanche was about 55 pounds and her mental and physical state was awful. She was taken to a hospital where she was given a bath and a full meal, but she never recovered mentality. She was questioned by she police along with her mother and brother. Her mother and brother both stated that she did it to herself, with her violet attitude. They claimed that she would have cause trouble if they didn't lock her in the attic.

(⚠TRIGGER WARNING⚠)

picture of Blanche below