100

m e d e c i n a l     k i s s e s
100

"Alab, I'm pregnant. You're going to be a Dad."

"W-what did you say?" I stuttered.

The seriousness in Rosie's face made what she said finally sink into my system. Naibuka ko ang labi ko upang sana'y magsalita pero walang lumabas na kahit ano roon. I blinked a couple of times, thinking that maybe, I was just dreaming.

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed when I realized it was all real.

Kaagad ko siyang niyakap ng mahigpit. My tears were already at the sides of my eyes so I hid my face on the crook of her neck to conceal my vulnerability. Natawa siya noong 'di ko na mapigilang tahimik na humikbi. Well, fuck. I don't care about appearing masculine and strong anymore. I'm going to be a father for Pete's sake. This is an exception.

When Rosie hugged me tighter, I felt like I could melt and kneel upon her right there and then. She felt so soft inside my arms. Umiiyak na rin siya ngayon kaya palihim kong pinunasan agad ang mga luha ko.

I unclasped from our hug and locked gazes with her, acting so composed now. Napangiti ako nang makitang namumula na ang tungki ng ilong niya at ang mga pisngi niya. She always acts tough but she looks so fragile when she cries. It makes me want to protect her even more.

"I love you so much it hurts," she softly whispered, just enough for both of us to hear.

Napakagat-labi ako. She always thinks highly of me. I guess that's why I tried my best to seem cold and distant when it comes to her as well. Isa pa, alam ko kasing madali siyang mabagot sa kahit ano mang bagay. She likes it better when she can't figure someone out. The mystery keeps her coming back for more, the reason why I was trying to be mysterious and hard-to-impress all this time.

Rosie admires me so much. She tells me I'm the best man there is every chance she gets but what she doesn't know is that no matter how firm I might act in front of her, my knees weaken every time she smiles. What she doesn't know is that during the times I had held her, it was actually her who was holding me.

Without breaking gazes, I took out a ring box containing the ring I bought her from my pocket. Nagsinghapan ang lahat noong lumuhod ako sa harap niya. Everyone was watching but my attention was all on Rosie—sa namamaga niyang mga mata, mapupula niyang labi, at napakaganda niyang mukha. She looked like a goddess, and that's not even the best thing about her.

I guess I really am smitten, huh?

"Rosie, will you marry me?" I sincerely asked with a heart beating so loud.