Episode 14

Pine Valley Hospital

Stepping into the first time in this hospital which seemed about far too long since he was last here, Griffin Castillo looked around and noticed how everything was normal, still the same despite the way he left town. The last time he was here in Pine Valley he experienced a lot of shady people such as David Hayward who couldn't wait to get his hooks into his sister Cara. And despite the two of them having a child together, Griffin was surprised to hear that David and her were getting along for their sons sake. But anyway, making his way to the emergency section of the hospital where he knows his sister is at, Griffin pondered upon how Cara would react by seeing him. Of course she would be happy but considering how Griffin's life was different since the day Kendall broke off the engagement to find herself more, he kind of buried himself into his work. Now he's kept in contact with Cara from time to time but Griffin was going to get all kinds of questions from her about Kendall. Seeing his sister up ahead who was at the nurses desk going over something on her clipboard of notes, Griffin slowly comes from behind and places his hands over her eyes before he speaks.

Griffin - "Guess who?"

Cara - "Griffin?"

Griffin removes his hands from her eyes as the two siblings hug each other. Cara was thrilled to see her brother back after all this time despite the phone calls between them both, but here he was in the flesh, her big brother Griffin.

Cara - "I can't believe you're finally back, you're actually here. When were you going to tell me?"

Griffin - "What? I can't surprise my sister anymore? That ruins the unexpected, but seriously I just got here, but how are you?"

Cara - "I've seen better days here and there. What about you doctor Griffin? Has any lady held your attention long enough?"

Griffin - "No Cara, your brother has just been single and focusing on saving lives too. May I ask you the same question? Who's my sister seeing?"

Cara - "And that is none of your business Griffin, your sister is just...having a good time, but also enjoying the free market at the same time as well"

Griffin - "So you say...anyway how's everyone else in this hospital or the town by the way? Jake, Amanda, David, Kendall? How are they?"

Cara - "You didn't hear about Kendall?"

Griffin - "What about her sis?"

Cara put her hand on her mouth, realizing he didn't know anything of Kendall which made this harder for her to tell him.

Cara - "Oh Griffin, i'm...i'm so sorry. You didn't know...but Kendall was in an incident with her two sons. It was a car wreck and all three of them were injured"

Griffin - "What? Oh my god...Kendall...no"

Cara could immediately see how Griffin was hurt, concerned and starting to become emotional. It's like the man was ambushed, not seeing any of this coming but because of his work, because of what he was doing down in Africa, the man hadn't kept tabs on Kendall. Actually since their engagement was off, Griffin gave Kendall her space but blamed himself so much for pushing Kendall. At the time the two of them, Kendall and Griffin were happy, in a very good place, even Griffin formed relationships with both of her sons in Spike and Ian. He really thought she would accept the engagement but no, as Griffin started to have flashbacks of that day, something he wanted to forget. Walking away from Cara across from him was the waiting room that no one was in before he sat down to process what he just heard from his sister. Cara followed her brother but stopped at the entrance of the room, to give him some time to absorb what he just heard. She immediately can tell that Griffin was already starting to have regrets, Cara knew how much she loved Kendall. Now that Griffin knew about this, what was he going to do? Just go about his life or actually get up and do something to not let Kendall down.