Part 36 - Jay's POV

______________________________________________

(Near Hufflepuff Dorms)(Jay's PoV)

______________________________________________

(After Lunch Detention)

Jay quickly glances at Cedric. He's been walking beside Jay for the past five minutes but hasn't said a word. He looks mad, scratch that, Cedric is mad. And it's Jay's fault, if he hadn't gotten into with Darely Scott then none of this would have happened.

Jay goes back to staring at the ground, scared Cedric wouldn't want to be his friend after this.

Should he say something? What should he say? Even if he did, would he forgive him? Cedric did get longer detention because of him... well got detention because of him.

"I'm sorry." The words slip out of his lips purely on instinct.

Cedric starts to say something then he sighs. He stops walking and Jay stops in front of him.

Cedric gives a soft smile and ruffle's Jay's hair, "Don't worry about it, squirt."

Cedric starts walking again...

What?

Why didn't he yell at me?

Scream?

I ruined things for him... he's not mad?

"Are you coming, Jay?" Cedric asks breaking Jay from his shock.

Jay skips a step catching up to Cedric and almost falls flat on his face.

(Time Skip)

"Try not to get into any more trouble, okay?" Cedric says as they hop out of the path that leads into the Hufflepuff common room.

Jay nods, "I can't make any promises knowing my friends."

Cedric laughs and leaves Jay alone in the common room.

"Jay!" Sadie yells jumping onto Jay's shoulders.

"What?" Jay screams stepping back to regain his balance.

"You'll never guess what I heard." She whispers, mischief gleaming in her eyes.

"What did you hear?" Jay asks hesitantly.

"The Mirror of Erised is in the castle." She's gleaming now, "Do you know what that means?!"

Jay thought back on his classes, but the name didn't ring a bell, "No I don't. What does it mean?"

Sadie rolls her eyes, "It means if we find it, then we can see what our deepest desires are. Isn't that cool?"

Jay's face scrunched up as he thought about it, "I don't know."

"Don't say you're going to wimp out on me." Sadie groans, folding her arms together.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean," She starts, before pulling Jay into the corner. "We have to find it."

"We do?" Jay asks.

"Of course we do! Now, are you in or not?" She asks with her hands on Jay's shoulders.

"Fine... Just don't get me caught, I already have detention for two weeks." Jay sighs.

"Oh yeah, I meant to ask you. What happened to your face?" Sadie asks, taking a step back.

Jay draws in a deep breath as he tells her about what had happened earlier that day.