₀₀₂

lowkey disclaimer ig? ik this is a huaqing fanfic but lots of fengqing subtextual gay gay homosexual gay shit because i cant resist

mu qing's eyes fluttered open, and the first thing he saw was a sunlit ceiling. the second thing he saw was that it was already noon. the third thing he saw was feng xin, sitting at the edge of his bed. mu qing closed his eyes again, pretending to sleep, but it was too late, feng xin had already noticed.

"youre awake, so why pretend to sleep?"

mu qing rolled his eyes underneath his closed eyelids and turned the other way. but immediately, an acute pain shot up his arm.

"shit," he mumbled, remembering that this side was broken. 

"pfft, are you stupid?"

mu qing huffed a breath of exasperation before sitting up. he looked around one more time, and realized this was his room in the royal holy pavilion. it wasnt much, exceedingly simple compared to xie lian's extravagant mansion of a room, but to mu qing who grew up in a slum, it was more than enough. there was a bed, a chair, a desk, and even his own personal dresser, so his clothes didn't have to be left on the ground. he didnt have much, but the sentiment was nice anyways. 

"why are you here?" mu qing jumped straight to the elephant in the room. or rather... the feng xin in the room.

"i dragged you back to this place and bandaged your hand, no need to thank me," feng xin said offhandedly.

"i wasnt going to. its not like anyone asked you to help me."

"his highness did."

mu qing rolled his eyes a second time. he figured as much. feng xin would never help him of his own will, but on the will of his highness, of course. mu qing rolled out of bed, and looked down at himself. his left arm was well bandaged, secure and safe, and he was still in his robes from the day before.

thank god im not in a nightgown. at least feng xin wasnt shameless enough to... strip me

"where are you going?"

"i dont know, pick some cherries i guess. her majesty likes cherries, doesn't she?"

"dont even think about giving her majesty cherries after what you did yesterday."

mu qing paused. feng xin was right. but not in a million years would mu qing admit that.

"ok and so? i just want to go for a walk, leave me alone."

feng xin pursed his lips and nodded his head.

"whatever you say, ghost boy."

mu qing shoulders tensed.

"the fuck did you say?"

"huh? whats wrong with you? i just called you ghost boy no need to be so pissy about it."

mu qing wouldve mauled feng xin's face off if he wasnt in the royal holy pavilion and if he moved a single finger out of line, he would be kicked off. he didn't want anyone bringing up what happened yesterday, his stupidity, impulsiveness, refusal to stand back and let xie lian take the spotlight like he should. he wanted to be a different person from "the ghost", he wanted to disappear into the shadows like he had for all those 17 years, content with serving the ever so glorious and blinding crown prince.

"whatever, forget it. where's his highness?"

feng xin thought for a second.

"probably in the palace, lecturing prince xiao jing."

"huh. what happened?"

"prince xiao jing drove his birthday present carriage like a madman, you should've seen him. if i didnt pull the reigns in time, he would've killed at least twenty people."