24

Hanako had been eight years old when she first learned what 'the system' was. She had overheard it when the older kids were talking about it, how one of them was being put into the system. She, being the curious and clueless young girl she was, asked more about it.

It was very tempting.

But then she was quickly told how "It could be worse than your own home, you probably don't want it." and "You'll lose all of us, besides, you're doing fine here.".

Little did those kids know that it couldn't be worse (well it could be, rape and sexual assault were serious problems) and that she wasn't really doing fine.

But even Hanako didn't know that.

It was another lie.

********

Bakugo was shaking as he was crouched. His base of his palms were pushing into the sides of his head as his fingers grabbed onto his hair. His eyes were squeezed shut, and every muscle in his body seemed to be tense.

He was injured, he knew that much. He had to fight villains, and he was outnumbered, so there was no telling that he was going to be at least a little roughed up. But the fights themselves weren't the main things that injured him.

It was Hanako's mother's quirk that made him feel like every muscle in his body was on fire and being ripped up. It was Hanako's mother's quirk that made his head pound and his vision blur.

But it was the villains that had cut him, hit him in the head, attacked him.

He didn't know when the pain stopped. It was an immediate relief. It was probably when he passed out.

The four that had rescued that two were beyond unprepared. They hadn't really considered that the two could be injured seeing as they both only had a few scratches and bumps when they were taken.

So when they were greeted with Hanako bleeding out from the chest whilst also being in a state of anaphylactic shock, and then there was Bakugo covered in blood and also bleeding, they didn't really know what to do.

"Kacchan?!"

"Bakugo?!"

Shinso was quick on the ball though, probably because his best friend was bleeding out. "Midoriya, give me your jacket."

"What?"

"Give it." Shinso repeated, Midoriya scrambling to take the jacket off and to give it to Shinso. Shinso snatched the jacket and ripped it in two whilst ordering the other three. "One of you call an ambulance! Now! Or do you want two dead classmates?" 

Iida's hands shook as he called 119, if possible, his voice wavered more. With the two pieces of fabric, Shinso scrunched them up separately and then placed one onto Hanako's chest and the other on her back. A bullet goes through things, it doesn't just stop.

Midoriya and Kirishima took it upon themselves to help with Bakugo's wounds, and for once there were no complaints from Bakugo's end. That was probably because he was unconscious. Todoroki helped with what he could for both of them. But there wasn't much they could do as they were grossly unprepared.