No Rest For The Wicked

Originally written and uploaded to FanFiciton.net in 2013

Wally West, had just come back from a mission with the rest of the Young Justice team. It had taken more of a toll on him than he originally thought it would have. The villain, some crazed asshole, had the ability to take away powers. If it weren't for Robin's general badassery and Artemis' bow and arrow the team would have been in a lot more trouble.

When the speedster had temporarily lost his powers, everything slowed down to a stop.

It was as if his whole world had just been covered in molasses.  He was so confused and nothing made sense; all he knew is that there was a sudden insatiable void inside of him that just ached to be filled. Something was missing and he needed it back before he died of sheer boredom.

When Robin and Artemis had defeated the villain, all the power energy began to return to each hero.

The world was still moving so slowly for the poor speedster, he couldn't think strait or move, just stared blankly at the slow world around him. The team were nowhere near him at this point so they could see how badly the sudden temporary loss was affecting him. This spat of lost power must have only lasted a few minutes tops, but it felt like a lifetime to Kid Flash. Eventually, enough of his energy had come back to set him off speeding about once more. Flirting with the ladies and annoying everyone to his heart's content.

No one would have guessed his powers were taking longer to fully come back. He hadn't eaten for such a long time due to the unexpected length of this mission. So his seriously heightened metabolism was burning up any power he had fast in replacement of food.

When they got back to Mount Justice, Wally had said a brief good-bye, then went to the zeta beam and was gone before anyone could really have acknowledged his departure.

There were two reasons behind this rushed departure. The first being that he was genuinely tired from the day's activities for once (and boy, did he need to eat). The second being that he knew his father was due home any minuet and he still had so much to do.

Wally had arrived back at his house (now in civvies) checked no one was around.

The house was silent, that's how he liked it.

No parent around.

Just him.

The speedster felt completely whipped of all energy "It must have been losing my powers." he thought and rubbed his head "If I get a snack I'll feel better..." but he knew he had to prepare his dads dinner first, before he could even consider taking care of himself.

The boys eyelids slid shut as he calmly collected his thoughts and encouraged his tired body to just keep moving. You could say he was switching himself on to auto-pilot.

Suddenly, he heard a massive bang come from behind him. Wally jumped, being pulled from his almost relaxed state. He mumbled something incomprehensible under his breath then mustered all his remaining energy to turn around and face his own personal hell.

Wally could easily guess the events about to occur. He'd lived through them long enough.

Wally's farther (Rudolph west) was drunk and a very angry one at that. He had entered violently through the front door after an evening's worth of drinking his life away, and witnessed his son just standing in the hallway. Not doing anything that even remotely looked like is chores.

"What the hell-?" the man spat "What do you think you're doing you good for nothing scum!" he crashed to his side leaning against the wall, far too wasted to even support himself. "Not making my dinner! Just standing there, wasting time! You disrespecting little runt!" Rudolph jabbed at the boy viciously with a half-filled bottle of vodka he held tightly in his sweaty calloused hand.