The Wrong Flash

Barry Allen stood in front of the ebony haired boy with a puzzled look "Hey kiddo, what you doing here? Wally's not around you know."

Robin's panicked expression fell to one of annoyance "Seriously? I bet he's pranked me!" the ebony haired boy threw his hands in the air "Wait till I see him again!"

Barry took a step forward and chuckled thinking about his nephews pranks (like this one time he actually had the guts to prank Batman! The Flash had thought it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen, Batman clearly felt otherwise though). "What's he done now?" he questioned with amusement.

"He phoned me up sounding all sick and beat up, and then he said he was at "his house" and asked if I could come get him! Well I'm here and so are you! But there's no Wally… he's probably laughing his ass of right now from wherever he is." Robin grumbled, arms folded tightly across his chest.

Barry looked concerned "This isn't Wally's house, I'm not his dad." he looked saddened at the words that had just escaped his mouth.

"But I always thought that-" Robins concern for Wally reappeared in an instant and his heart sank. He was also severely embarrassed that he, the boy wonder, was wrong about where his closest friend lived. Batman wouldn't be pleased.

"Most people think that, it's a simple mistake to make." Barry ruffled Robin's hair smiling warmly before he remembered the matter at hand. "But-“ he began with a more serious stoic face “More importantly we need to find Wally, it doesn't sound like he's in good shape." the blonde's eyebrows knitted together with concern for his nephew.

Robin nodded, "We need to find him, and I assume you know where he lives right?"

"Of course and-" these was a blur of red and a few flickering lightning bolts then suddenly Barry was in his Flash uniform "I'll give you a ride there, Hop on! We'll be there in a flash." Barry scooped up Robin in his arms, resting an arm behind the boys’ neck, taking every precaution to not give him whiplash. Robin braced for the force of the sheer speed the Flash was about to run at, focusing on the thoughts of anxiety concerning his best friend.

Flash ran to Wally's house in record time.

They stood outside Wally's old grey house; you would never imagine someone as happy and full of life as Wally would live in such a depressing looking place.

Robin felt unsteady on his feet once he had been placed on the ground by the Flash. It was due to a mixture of the extreme speed he had just travelled at, but also the fear he held for his friend.

Barry had already unlocked the door and was waiting for Robin to regain his composure. Once he was sure Robin was all there again he opened the door "Okay Robin, let’s go."

They walked in, immediately noticing the blooded body of Kid Flash curled up in the corner, passed out.

"KF!" Robin gasped out, almost frozen in shock.

"Kid!" Barry cried as he sped to Wally's side instantly checking his nephew’s wounds over and looking for any sign of life in the limp body.

Robin gulped, and managed to take a shaky step forward as his whole body trebled lightly. He should be able to handle situations like this. He’d seen plenty of possibly dead bodies in his time. But, those bodies had never belonged to his best friend. “Are we too late…?” He said quietly, eyes downcast.