|One|: Just a "Normal" Day

I woke up and heard my phone going off. It was my alarm telling me that I should get everyone ready for school. I sat up then went to get myself ready. I showered, wore my café uniform and prepared breakfast and lunches for the kids. 

As I was preparing breakfast for them, I heard Nanami's alarm went off, alerting for the others to wake up. I looked at the time and it was five thirty in the morning. Their lunches have been packed and breakfast was served. 

"Morning Zion, everyone has been dressed," a soft voice spoke out.

"Morning Nanami, and thank you for waking them up," I spoke to her with a smile.

Romeo and Raven both went to eat first then I saw Liam clinging onto my leg. I smiled, even though he's now eleven, he's still very small. 

"Morning Liam," I went down to his height. 

"M-Morning Z-Zion," he spoke, twitching his mouth.

I lightly petted his head as he went to eat. I went to check on my father, who was asleep on the couch. I sighed as I cleaned the table of beer bottles so glass won't cut his feet nor my siblings. I hate my father, I really do, but he's nothing like my mother... At least, from what I remembered from that night. 

That memory from ten years ago replays in my head. Nanami's seven, the twins were three and Liam was just turned a year old. Nanami knew the truth when she heard me fighting against my father, but the younger three do not know, especially Liam. 

As I finished cleaning, it was time for them to go to school. Nanami walked Romeo and Raven to the high school since we live close to it. I took Liam to the middle school before I head to work. I graduated high school and all, but I would love to go to university, but it'll never happen when I take care of my siblings. I enjoy caring for them than doing studies for my own benefit. 

As I went to work, I met my co worker, Caroline. She was serving customers on her own, the business isn't really busy early in the morning till rush hour. Other than work wise, she's a nice girl. She is your usual blonde haired girl, but not your stereotype. 

"Morning Caroline,"

"Oh Zion, morning," she smiled towards me.

"How's handling things on your own?" I asked. 

"I'm okay, it's not busy, but it'll get the job done easier and faster with you around," she handed me the tray. 

I chuckled softly to her. She's our head waitress of the café while I'm the head waiter. Her charisma is what brings customers in. She tends to lead us to make the café a success. Customers love her, even the kids love her. Usually we'll have noisy kids from time to time. She calms them down by playing a small game with them and earn some sort of prize if they did it correctly.

As time passed, work got busy during rush hour. I checked the time, only three hours till I can clock out. I just do my usual, getting orders, make small talk with customers, refilling their drinks, serving their food and give the check. It's not as stressful as days before, but it does drain me. 

"Yo Zion, I'm gonna take over your last three hour shifts," someone spoke. 

"Huh? Why?" I asked.