Chapter Ten

Billie

There was a million different thoughts running through my head. I was happy that Elle finally let down a few of her walls, I was worried about her, I wanted to help her.

So many different emotions. But there was one feeling that was a bit more dominant over the others.

And it was lust.

As my eyes flickered down to her lips I noticed hers did the same.

She leaned in as did I and our lips met together in a kiss. One that practically took my breath away.

I lightly smiled into it as my hand came up to cup her jaw. Her lips were addicting and I was afraid I would lose control over myself.

I pulled away before anything could even begin to happen.

"I thought you wanted to take things slow." I stated, running my thumb over her bottom lip.

"I do. I just..couldn't wait."

I smiled as we stared at each other. I wiped a dried tear off her cheek as she leaned into my touch.

"It's gonna be okay Eleanor. I promise."

"How did things get better for you?" She asked.

"Well to be completely honest they didn't. Not completely I'm still..kinda struggling but I'm getting there. But it started to get better...when I stopped this."

I scooted over a bit closer, rolling up her sleeves on her shirt. Her breath hitched but only for a moment as she let herself relax not long after.

"Now everyone is different but in my experience when this stopped, a lot of things got better for me."

"But Billie I'm not you. I don't know if things can get better what if i'm just destined to be this way and there is no fixing me?"

"You don't need fixing Eleanor. You just need a little bit of help. Just give yourself time, it won't happen overnight. Be patient with yourself."

She sighed, falling into my embrace and I hesitated to wrap my arms around her shoulders. Eventually I did and once I did I found myself never wanting to let her go. This was the first time she's ever done anything like this with me and I was gonna soak up the moment as much as I could.

I sighed contentedly. Laying us down as I went to stroke her hair.

I found myself breathing in her scent, trying to figure out what she smelled like so I could remember it.

She smelled like a lot of things, a mixture of different scents, but the strongest one was definitely a coconut scent.

Coconuts. Elle smells like coconuts.

I smiled to myself. Cherishing the small moment we just had. But that moment was ruined sooner than I would have liked when she got a notification from her phone and she was slipping out of my arms to check it.

"Shit. I gotta get home, it's almost midnight."

I sighed reluctantly.
"Alright, I'll let you go. Come on let's get you home." I got up and gathered our things putting them in my trunk.

I really wanted to spend more time with her, especially after tonight. But I didn't wanna get her in trouble so I sadly took her home.

"Hey Billie?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you. For tonight I umm...I've never been understood by someone that much and I just, I don't know couldn't handle it."

I smiled at her.
"It's alright. I was just happy to be there for you like I was."

"Yeah. Thank you for that."

"No problem, mama. Now let's get you home."

She smiled and blushed. Turning her head to look out the window as we passed by the various trees.

I noticed how she was picking at her fingers so I reached over to hold one of her hands. She kept her head turned but I noticed how her blush and smile grew.

The drive was a content silence as we held each other's hands. Soon we approached her old bus stop where I was to drop her off.

"Thank you." She said softly.

"How many times are you gonna thank me tonight?"

"Sorry, it's just a habit. But I mean it every time."

"Well you're very welcome. Go on you gotta get home. And please text me when you get inside safe, okay?"

"I will. Bye Billie."

"Bye Eleanor. Stay safe, text me!"

She laughed as she got out of the car, telling me one last goodbye as she walked off in the direction of her house. I sighed happily as I chuckled to myself.

I waited for her text message that she was fine before I drove off to my house, smiling the entire way.

When I got home I went to my room flipping onto my bed with a sigh.

I heard Finneas come into my room as he did the same.

"How was your date?" He asked. Making me roll my eyes.

"I told you it wasn't a date you bozo. It was just..a hangout." Even though it was just a hangout I wasn't lying if I said I didn't want it to be considered a date.

"Uh huh. Well what happened on this 'hangout'?"

"Well we talked about some..I guess deep things. She opened up a little bit, had a nice little heart to heart."

"Okay well what else happened, was that all?"

I felt myself smile and blush a bit as I thought back to just an hour ago. The feeling of her lips on mine was something I craved more of. It just felt so...right.

"Uhhh...we kissed. But I don't think it really meant much, she still wants to kinda take things slow."

"Well she can't wanna take things too slow if y'all two kissed."

"Yeah well, I guess we'll see."

I twirled one of my rings around on my finger as I thought about her. Everything about her was just beautiful, her smile, her little giggles, her eyes, hell even the way she cried was kinda cute.

I guess Finneas kinda read my mind with the next thing he said.
"You really like her don't you?"

"Of course I do she's...amazing. And I know she's hurting and I just wanna help her and not out of pity but because I know exactly what it feels like to be in her shoes and you know, I don't wanna 'fix' her she's doesn't need fixing. She just needs help, and someone to be there for her."

He nodded his head as we sat in silence for a bit. Not really needing to say anything else.

"Well I love you and I hope things can happen between you two."

"Thanks. I love you too."

He kissed my head as he left my room shutting my door on the way out. I sighed as I looked up at my ceiling.

So much just happened in the past couple hours I was still trying to wrap my head around it all. I wasn't exactly sure where we went from here I mean..we kissed but I know she still wanted to take things slow.

I decided not to worry too much about it now, thinking she would talk to me about everything once she's ready to take that step.

I smiled to myself as I went to bed that night. Something I don't think I've done in a long time.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A/N: How you guys liking the book so far?? Feedback is much appreciated ☺️

Love y'all! 💕