01. BLOOMING FRIENDSHIPS

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ACT ONE CHAPTER ONE
BLOOMING FRIENDSHIPS

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

third person
PERSPECTIVE

    THE SOUND OF laughter filled the air as the four Gryffindor boys ran across the corridor, all of them high fiving students on the way. The group slowly stopped running once they noticed Filch wasn't chasing them anymore. 

    "That was great!" exclaimed James, high fiving Sirius who was next to him.

    "One of our best pranks yet Prongs," Sirius replied, a bit out of breath due to all the running.

    As soon as their breathing had gone back to a regular pace, James had started ranting on his encounter with his Lily flower today while Sirius listened to his best friend gush mindlessly about the redhead he adored, but his attention on James soon drifted once he saw a certain Ravenclaw walking down the corridor.

    "Hey I'll catch you guys later," Sirius said, not even sparing any of them a glance as he started to run down the corridor.

    James raised an eyebrow while watching his best friend head towards a girl that he did not recognize. Peter along with Remus also seemed confused by the sudden action.

    "Who's that?" Remus flatly asked though there was a certain emotion in his tone that the other two marauders did not recognize coming from their werewolf friend.

    James shrugged, his eyes locked on Sirius as he approached the mystery girl. "I don't know Moony, maybe another one of his hookups."

    James had gone back to ranting while Peter listened interestedly, but Remus's gaze was stuck on Sirius and the mystery girl he was talking to. He frowned once he noticed Sirius had a bright smile on his face, a smile he did not recognize. Who is that girl?

   "DAVIS!" Sirius's voice boomed through the corridor as his legs were sprinting towards the girl, not even fully realizing what he was doing. 

    Shock as an understatement when Florence turned around to see the one and only Sirius Black running after her. She hadn't spoken to him last night at detention and truthfully she didn't she would ever speak to him again. 

    "Hi," Sirius greeted as he approached her with a bright smile on his face.

    "Hi?" Florence greeted back, but it came out more as a question due to the confusion in her tone. "Do you need something?"

    Sirius shook his head.

    Now she was even more confused. "Then why are you talking to me?"

    "What? Can a guy not talk to their friend?" As soon as the word friend escaped Sirius's lips, Florence's eyes widened in surprise.

   "We're friends?" she asked shocked. 

   Sirius Black may have been very popular and very known around school, but Florence didn't think he had much actual friends as it seemed like the boy was glued to his little group.