38.

I lay awake with dreams inside of my mind
In hopes that I can see them
I pray that I could reach them
God only knows if I'll make it out alive
I took the high road
I walk alone

But I'm still fighting for each breath I take in my lungs
Fist full of fears in my hand
Ready to take on whatever may come
This could be my only chance

'Cause what don't kill me, only makes me stronger
(I'm so much stronger, I'm so, I'm so much stronger)
'Cause what don't kill me, only more I come back
(I'm so much stronger, I'm so, I'm so)
Makes me stronger

~STRONGER by Kevin Ross~

M A I S A R A H ♡

ABUJA, NIGERIA

I took a deep breath before letting out a sigh, being back in Abuja is amazing even tho am down with a terrible cold. Could you believe it, a bride in less than two weeks with a cold. Adda Maria and mama have been doing their best to see that the cold leaves before the end of the week.

I sat on my hammock chair and placed my ginger tea on the table and picked up my favorite book. Pride and prejudice.

It's been long since I had my alone time and what says alone time better than sitting in one of my favorite spot in the house with a cup of ginger tea for my cold and reading one of my favorite novels.

Before one could say Jack Robbins my alone time was disrupted by my angry looking sister.

"You are kidding me right?" I looked up at her and raised an eyebrow. "Is there any problem?" I asked nonchalantly.

"Yes there is. You are getting married in two weeks time and you are here sitting with no care in the world when there is alot to be taken care of." I gently removed my glasses and looked at her. "What do you want me to do?"

"How about you get your ass up and let's go do some dress fitting, food and cake tasting." I groaned and closed my book.

Well there goes my alone time.

I changed into a plain mint green maxi dress and paired it with a white scarf, I picked up my bag which had all my necessities before walking down.

I walked to my mum's living room and Manal, Amal, Fatima, intisaar, Anisa, Adda Maria, mama, anty kulu(my mother's sister), anty zee(my father's sister), anty Halima (Manal's mum), anty Hadiza (Amal's mum) and Intisaar's mum, who has become really close to mama, are all seated in the living room discussing my wedding.

I greeted my aunties and found myself a place to seat next to Manal. "Where is my baby." I whispered into her ear and she replied back in the same manner. "At home with his dad." I nodded.

"You are going for the dress fittings koh?" Anty kulu asked and adda nodded. "Cake and food tasting fah?" Anty Hadiza asked.

"We are doing every thing today." She replied and they nodded. "Why are we hiring caterers here in Abuja when almost all the events are in Maiduguri?" I questioned.

"I was thinking about that gaskiya, Halima said you should just go for the cake tasting cause she found good caterers in Maiduguri and they serve both local and continental dishes." Mama said.

"I think that is better, it will save cost." Adda replied. She is practically my wedding planner and that's why there was no need for us to hire a wedding planner.

"The groom's side will be bringing the invitation cards later." Anty Halima said and we all nodded.

"Toh we will be going." Adda announced.