The new kid at camp

I started talking to Octavian about the quest. I forgot for a second that he was a child of Apollo and when I remembered I asked him why it couldn't be just him and me.

"They said they needed the oracle, the augur, and a child of Apollo."

"Oh. That makes sense."

We continued walking to the big house in silence. When we arrived Chiron was pacing across the room.

"Chiron?" I asked.

"Yes Rachel dear. I am sad to say that Will Solace can not go on the quest."

This was terrible. Will was the only child of Apollo willing to go with us. I could've just been because he has this HUGE crush on me, and everyone knows it.

"How are we going to go on the quest then? If no one goes willingly, they aren't going to put in their best effort."

"True, but..." Chiron was interrupted by the sound of footsteps coming towards camp. A cyclops was sitting criss-cross applesauce by the camp gate. Chiron, Octavian and I raced up to the cyclops, which was risky, but considering the fact that he had just sat down outside the camp entrance, we thought he was safe.

The cyclops looked ashamed. Her long, well groomed green hair complimented her smooth, golden skin. For a cyclops, she was pretty attractive. Her huge violet eye was filled with sorrow and regret.

"I'm so sorry, Chiron sir. The boy was walking across the street and an empousai swooped in and tried to attack him. I put my hand out and grabbed him away, but a bit too hard." The cyclops booming voice echoed through her sobs.

"Put him down Pandora."

The cyclops, who I figured out was named Pandora, opened her hands only to reveal a boy. He had dark, messy blond hair and was wearing a green day tee-shirt with a leather jacket and dark jeans. Chiron trotted up to him and whispered a chant followed by putting three fingers over his heart to ward off evil. The boy blinked open his eyes. The mark of Apollo glowed over he boys head, although he didn't seem to notice. He stared at me.

Words came out of the boys mouth. "Rachel Elizabeth Dare. You are in so much trouble."