friend crush

I'm not that girl. I don't like boys and boys definitely don't like me. Plus who knows if guys are my thing. I think I just have a friend crush on Peter. Yeah, you know, the wow he's nice and good looking in a totally normal platonic way.

Anyways enough about Peter. I'm just happy I made new friends. Friends that are normalish and seem nice enough. Michelle is a great and we have a lot in common, mainly our attitudes and interests. It's nice having more than one friend for once. If she cancels or flakes, I'm not stuck on my own like I was in SF. Although I highly doubt MJ would do that. She seems very loyal.

I wonder what Hogwarts House she's in?

"Lucy?" I break my dazed thinking and turn to Betty.

Bettys nice, a little talkative and controlling but I like her.

I hum in response. Looking to her and another girl who's name I already forgot.

"Me and Nevaeh were just talking about the Avengers Exhibit." She responds slightly annoyed.

"I wonder if there's pictures of them." She mutters to herself as her face flushes light pink.

Umm ok. That's a little personal but understandable I guess.

"Thor's a total hottie so is Captain America." Nevaeh adds on pointing a fake smile at me.

She glances at my outfit and her smile falters slightly.

It grows as she responds, "I really like your outfit. It shows a lot of personality." She gives me another one over as she turns to talk to Betty. Completely ignoring me.

Great. Another bitch. Thanks for reminding me why I dont hang out with girls my age. Another person who will make these next four years a living hell. What does that even mean, "It shows a lot of personality."? Why is the world so filled with people like her. Fake friends.

At least I have MJ, Ned and Peter.

I don't really want to circle back to him seeing as I was pretty rude. My pride will take a hit but it's worth it. It's Peter after all.

Why does it matter that Ned wanted me to go to the movies and not Peter?

It's because you like him.

Shut up.

Fine. I'll prove I don't like him.

"Hey guys, excuse me for a sec." I interrupt their conversation that I wasn't listening to and I turn around to walk to the back. Betty breaks off to talk to another friend in the middle of the group.

"Oh you're friends with Peter right?" This makes me freeze. This better not be going where I think it's going. I turn around and she locks eyes with me. Oh I see. She knows exactly what she's doing. I can't react and give her the satisfaction she wants. I've dealt with bullies before and this is really the only way to deal with them. I see through her sweet doe eyes and innocent smirk. She has something painful planned for me. Wonderful.

"He's really cute. I would ask but I'm too shyyy. Also he's a totally nerd but I think I could get over that. He's kind of annoying but I think other things will make up for it. Can you ask him for me?" Nevaeh flashes me a sickeningly sweet smile and winks at me.

My stomach drops. I can hear blood pounding in my ears. Who does this girl thinks she is. I swear, if I didn't have boundaries I would pummel her. I relax my jaw and unclench my sweaty hands. I look her in the eye to show I won't submit to her attention seeking scheme. Plus Peters too nice to have to deal with someone like her.