crazy

Ok you're probably just over reacting. Don't over think it.. WHAT THE HELL THOUGH. I woke up on the fucking ceiling. I think I have a right to be mad. I can see everything so clearly. Im picking everything up. Every noise, smell, and taste. I also broke not one but TWO door nobs. Something is extremely wrong. Do I tell my dad? A doctor? Anyone?

No

Yeah right and get put in a mental ward? No thank you. Especially because my dads a psych nurse. Fun he can visit me everday. I can't do this to him. It's already been a hard year.

Am I just paranoid?

Definitely. But I know what I saw. I know what I'm feeling and I'm feeling crazy.

Only one way to find out.

I get off the bathroom floor. AGAIN?! CANT I CATCH A BREAK. I still in frustration. I got up with little to no exertion. How did I do that? I'm kind of a klutz. And just plain lazy. (She's so quirky she has two left feet). I don't know how that got fetishized it's really not cute at all. I think a lot of it was because of twilight. Wow she needs a night in shining armor to save her. It's really only a few extra bruises nothing special.

I roll my eyes at the thought and just try to get out of the bathroom. I try focusing on the amount of pressure I put on the door knob this time.

I carefully close the door behind me to not make to much noise.

Ok what's the game plan? I have an... What even is this? An ailment?

No clue

I quickly google, "super strength". Again they have to have the answers. They always do. They always have the answers whenever I look up my math homework on quizlet.

Oh? Ohhhhhh? What.

The only thing that's coming up is Captain America and the Hulk among other superheroes. Superhero's. Superheroes?!

Nope. Nuh uh. Not today. I am not a superhero. Those are people who have the people's interest at heart. People who give up everything for everyone they love. Who sacrifice themselves for the greater good.

I'm not like that. Not really. Sure I've never been given the opportunity but still. I'm pretty selfish. Heyy, look I'm working on it ok.

God. This is so complicated.

How did this even happen? I didn't take something weird did I? No just water really.

Hold on. How can I be so dense. Was it the spider? That's the only thing I came in contact with the last 48 hours.

Unless I got it from last nights lasagna. I think it's safe to assume it's the spider. So how does that even work. Do I have spider traits? Ok what's happened to me these last 12 hours.

I walk hurriedly into my room still trying to not make noise. But I'm not making any sound? I listen closely to my footsteps. Tilting my ear almost comically to the side, to pay attention to the sound. Alright no. I'm not making any sound. It's just a soft barely there padding. I wonder if normal human ears can pick it up. HOLD ON. Why did I say that in John Mulaneys voice? Anyways I'm normal. Just enhanced almost. Am I a spider thing? A spiderling?

I pull a small notepad from my desk top. Brushing off the small pencil shavings and eraser marks from my essay two days ago. I sit down in careful consideration. How the hell did this happen in 24 hours. Yesterday I was me. Just me. Plain old Lucy. Nothing special besides a raging Harry Potter, Star Wars, Star Trek and New Girl obsession. Who liked record shops, book stores and shopping for plants. Dumb stupid old me with a crush on her new friend. Everything seems so little and blown out of proportion now. I was scared for my math test next week. Now I'm scared if I can hug MJ without crushing her to death.

Ok so what am I going to do. I'm going to catalog. I'm going to conduct a study on myself. Learn everything I can to... Figure things out??

I grab a pencil carefully, trying to remember the amount of pressure to apply. I grab a small red notebook.

Park time. Go time.

I pulled on my headphones and put on the song that gets everyone pumped. As the first lyrics of "Dont Stop Me Now" I get more and more excited.

I race down the block. My heart leaping out of my chest. Ive never felt more alive. Feeling the wind in my face. Adrenaline and whatever that spider did running through my veins. IM A FREAKING SUPERHERO FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

I got all sorts of dirty looks of course. I mean I'm running down the street like a maniac doing impromptu guitar solos with Brian May. I just felt so good. Another moment.

Queens was truly amazing; so expansive but personal to its inhabitants. I run past children playing outside, musicians, construction workers. Everyone. So expansive and beautiful.

At the beginning of my crazy sprint, I put a timer. I want to record myself running to the nearest park everyday. See how fast I am. Or if I improve at all.

After about five more minutes I arrive at the new park. Nice landscaping even if it's a bit urban and generic for my taste. I'm more of a vintage and one of a kind person. I take out my phone to check my time and distance. Ok well 2.5 miles in 4:20 minutes is pretty insane. I always got 8:45 ish on mile runs at school.

That's so freaky. How do you even get used to this?

I decide to run back to my apartment to see if I improve my mile time. Well technically 2.5 mile time but whatever. I put on my favorite Queen song this time. It's obviously "Killer Queen." So many good Queen songs.

I race back acting out the words in awkward dance motions. Hey, that's the only way you can do Queen.
I try to stay on track and run but Queen is to good to ignore.

I wonder if Peter likes Queen.

Wrong place wrong time. What about my friends? How am I going to tell them about this?

How the fuck am I going to tell Peter? What if he thinks I'm freaky now or something. No, I'm thinking too little of him. If he got bitten I would only be worried for him. Thank god it's just me. It's my problem and my problem alone.

I stay in pace running back to my apartment both brain and body racing.

Oh SHIT.

I'm supposed to meet Peter tonight. Uh well Peter and Ned. Don't get me wrong I love Ned. I just.. I don't know honestly. Do I even want to be left alone with Peter? Absolutely yes? Hard no? Ugh this is going to be annoying as hell. If I'm constantly thinking of this.. crush thing? Around him how am I supposed to be his friend?

Ok another game plan. Treat him like my best friend.  Be super weird and not care. Be yourself? Yeah ha. Hilarious. Cause that works all the time. All the boys just make a line at the door for your personality. Nice.

I pull out my timer. Wow 4:23. That's still insane time. I think all the weird dancing slowed me down a bit.

I quickly race up the stairs to get ready for tonight..

———————————————

AN ~ I want to do this now. SO SORRY FOR THE LARE UPDATE. Wasn't sure of the direction and I'm graduating soon!! So exams blah blah. I'm so sorry. I will be writing consistently from now on. The worst is behind us.

THANK YOU FOR 357! READS! Love you guys. Your the best. I've been getting so much support. It's been amazing. Sorry about the cliffhanger. I'm planning on a back to back update so you won't have to wait long.