xxiv

now playing tired by beabadoobee

"hello?" shigaraki answered the phone as it was handed to him. a low groan was heard on the other side.

"what exactly is your plan?" the older man huffed. "now that the boy is gone, what is your plan with the girl?"

shigaraki swallowed at the harsh tone. he hid his eyes behind his messy hair. "i don't know..." his voice trailed on until he was silent.

"well you can't keep her!" he shouted. "her face will be plastered everywhere— your face will be plastered everywhere," he growled. "they are looking for you."

"the plan was to keep her! you know that... i—the league needs a healer," shigaraki took a deep breath, for he was feeling very overwhelmed. "and she's nice to me," he murmured.

the man on the other side scoffed. "so what if she is?"

shigaraki bit his inner cheek. "she's nice to me, master," he echoed, this time with more confidence.

"she doesn't even know you—"

shigaraki interrupted quickly. "she knows me better than you ever tried to," he hissed and slammed the phone down. he huffed out a heavy breath before running his hands over his face. he knew that yuki didn't know him at all, but neither did he. not the way he thought he knew shigaraki. at least the girl was trying, considering he had kidnapped her.
finally shigaraki moved from behind the bar and he slowly slinked back to his bedroom.

he opened the door and he was met with yuki sitting at the top of the bed. she was quietly gazing out of the window. "oh," he sighed as he closed the door. "you're awake."

"im nice to you because you're nice to me," yuki mumbled as she continued to look outside. shigaraki pulled his hood up over his head and shuffled over to the bed.

"so you heard that," yuki nodded. she looked behind her and saw shigaraki crawling onto the bed.

shigaraki sat with his back against the wall, his hands stuffed in his pockets. yuki eyed the boy and his appearance. he had his hood pulled over more than half of his face, and his shoulders were concaved inward more than usual. the girl scooted closer to him, and sat on his left. she gently poked his thigh with her finger. "what're you thinking about?" she asked softly. "you look upset."

"you want to leave, don't you?"

yuki pulled her hand back from his leg. she fell quiet as she brought her knees up to her chest. shigaraki gazed down when he felt the weight of yuki's head being laid on his shoulder. "yes," she answered honestly. "but not for the reason you think."

"why?" shigaraki questioned, his dark eyes fluttering over her face. he resisted the urge to push her hair out of her face.

"why did you want me to stay?" yuki asked a question of her own. she moved her head slightly off of his shoulder bone.

"please," shigaraki breathed. "just answer my question."

"well, there's people there that care for me," yuki began.

"the people who heal you?" he interrupted softly. he watched as a soft grin spread across her lips.

"yeah, my healers," she giggled. shigaraki felt the corners of his lips begin to twist into a smile at the sound of her laugh. it was airy, and angelic. "and there is someone i would be leaving behind that needs me more than you might ever understand." yuki sighed as she remembered the ash blond. "that is if i were to stay here."