Chapter XVI: Lies

Whitey walked me back to the hotel and we said our good nights. I went up into my room and laid on the bed exhausted from all the swimming.

I stood up on my bed and began jumping up and down out of excitement, after all, I am still a girl who had a magical time with her...Boyfriend?

Then I sat down on my desk to right a letter to Cora, so she would know what happened and could be excited with me.

Oh wait. The day had been so magical I had forgotten about the reality. I had forgotten about Cora. I stood up and punched the wall out of anger.
"God! I'm so fucking stupid!" I said aloud out of frustration.

I began pulling at the skin of my inner wrist. Any time I got upset or frustrated with myself causing a bit of pain helped relieve it. But it wasn't enough. I took a rubber band and put it on my wrist pulling it and letting go. My wrist stung. Tears rolled down my face and I wrote a letter to Cora anyway. I figured it might help get closure. It was emotional and I told her how Whitey helped me feel so much better, and how I missed her,  I also mentioned a bit about our plans for the future. I put it in an envelope and placed it in the vanity drawer.

The next morning I woke up to find Bella sitting on my chair. "Get your stuff packed, we're leaving"

"What? I thought we had another day!"

"Now you know Beatrix don't like waiting!" She said and threw a bag on the bed.

I obeyed and packed my stuff up.
When I had finished an hour passed. I walked outside to say my goodbyes to everyone, when I went to the sheriffs station to see Whitey, he was sitting at his desk counting ammo. He got up without saying a word and pulled me by my wrist behind the building.
"Then you know what's happening?" I asked ( referring to me leaving)

"Yeah" he said solemnly

"Will you write me?" I asked hopefully.
Whitey wouldn't look in my eyes.
Whilst looking off in the distance he said: "No I will not."

"What?" I asked confused

"This little "relationship" we were having is over. It should have ended before you kissed me... I should have ended it that is." He said

My vision began to blur and I felt dizzy.
"I never loved you." I knew he had to be lying. Tears were rolling down his face.

"Whitey what—"

"It was wrong. And if you don't leave right now then I'm gonna arrest you for assault and battery for what you did to the sheriff"

"Whitey what are you-" I was crying, desperately wanting him to shut up and kiss me one last time before I left.

"Whitey I love you." I said stepping closer to him.

"Not my problem." He choked on his words and fought back tears.

"Whitey!" I kissed him, desperately hoping he would snap out of this. He pulled away from me.

"Go on! Leave." He said still not making eye contact with me.

"I hate you! How could you do this you asshole!" I screamed and hit his chest with my fists over and over again. He grabbed my arms holding them still.
"Leave. I won't say it again." 

I knew if he looked at me he wouldn't be able to keep this charade up any longer.

"Leave!" He said and pointed toward the alleyway that led out.

I ran out crying.

I ran all the way to where my mother and the girls were. There on a horse with them, was Louis.
He sat there and was conversing with my mom.
I got up on my horse, determined never, EVER, to see Whitey Winn again!

Third person⬇️

Sophie and Louis sat on there horses next to each other. Louis tried to comfort Sophie but he had no idea what exactly was upset her and she wouldn't talk about it.
As they started riding east. Beatrix rode by Sister (for context Sister is the oldest member of the Seven sirens)

"Did you have to make the boy break her heart?" Sister asked Beatrix curiously

"Of course, you and I both know good en' well she'd never let him go on her own." Beatrix replied

"What if she finds out?"  Sister questioned

"She won't, she isn't as smart as she thinks she is."

"You're right there, if she was, she'd probably know her dad already." Sister replied and both of the women chuckled

Authors notes: Hello, I hoped you enjoyed this book. This is the final chapter of Undercover.
There will be a second book, I will be coming out with the first chapter in the next few days, it will take place in New Orleans. In this second book you will see more of the Rivals to Lovers type relationship between Whitey and Sophie. It'll be released by me so follow to know when that comes out.