Treatment

Now back safely at Sion’s place and having just gotten done tending to the horses. Kei headed to  Sion’s room where his father was treating his injuries now. Seeing Sion in the light of the home  instead of by the lightning of the storm he had so many injuries. In truth he had many as well,  
all scratches from the tree branches. They were both covered in mud and soaked from the rain, but seeing the severity of Sion’s injuries that weren’t visible while out in the storm, the more his body was cleaned to check for more injuries the worse, they got. When the mud was cleaned from his knee it started to bleed heavily, the mud had caked and formed a type of clot, but now that it was gone the blood flowed freely. His father immediately worked to stop and control the bleeding. Once it was controlled his father put 10 stitches in then worked on cleaning him further. His head had already been bandaged and stitched. He was just glad that Sion wasn’t awake and in pain from this. He knew from experience how much treatment hurt from the stinging of the sterilizing solution, to the pain of the injury itself, without someone touching and messing with the injury. He himself, had to have 20 stitches to close a wound on his right leg 3 years ago, or the time he broke his leg after falling off Lighting when 1st learning to ride. The pain was excruciating, and he couldn’t get any pain relief, as it was realigned and splinted to keep it stable, until they could get to a proper treatment facility 15 miles away. He passed out 5 times on the way from the pain alone. So, he was thankful Sion didn’t have to go through that. By the time Sion’s father finished. Sion had a total of 150 stitches and multiple cuts covered with bandages. He was still unconscious. Mr. Luno told Maiko, Sion’s older sister, to watch over him in case he wakes up or gets worse. Ezrin, Sion’s older brother, had gone to shower and clean up, so he didn’t catch a cold. “Kei you should go get cleaned up.” Mr.Luno’s voice sounded distant to me, as I stared at Sion hoping he would be ok, as the events of earlier replayed in my head. The way he screamed, then the sound of thunder and silence. If it wasn’t for Stardust being bigger, I wouldn't have found him. He could've died out there. The thought of him dying out in the cold, alone, made a lump form in my throat, and my eyes began to sting as I cried. I just stood there and cried as the adrenaline left my body, and everything came crashing on top of me. Mrs. Luno grabbed a washcloth and gently wiped the tears and the mud from my face, she then gently guided me to the bathroom and started the shower before leaving to grab me a change of clothes. She set them outside the door and left me alone. I undressed in a daze, and washed up purely from muscle memory, as I was numb and dazed the whole time. When I finished, I felt slightly better and got dried off then put on the clean change of clothes before going back to Sion’s room to check on him. He was still out cold, no change since earlier.