School

The next morning I get up as normal to go to school. By habit I rush to Sion’s room because we  normally get ready together, but then when I open the door I see him still laying there the same  exact way he had before, and it hit me again what had happened. I went back to my room and  grabbed my stuff, then got ready for school. When I was ready and had eaten breakfast I headed to  the bus stop alone. Normally Sion would be by my side and we’d laugh and talk about the past, but  now he wasn’t here. If he would ever wake up is unknown. Our bus stop only had me and Sion get  on each day. When the bus arrived I got on, the bus driver looked worried and confused seeing  how I looked hurt and numb, and Sion wasn’t with me like he always has been. I found an empty  seat in the back and sat down. Everywhere I looked all I could see was Sion in my memory, as if  my mind was playing my memories with him like a movie. I got off at school and went to my  locker which is next to Sion’s. I tried to focus in class, but I couldn’t stop thinking and worrying  about Sion. When we had to partner up, I always partnered with Sion, and we have an even number of students in our class, so I was left without a partner. The teacher tried to get me to join a group, but I refused and left the class. I just walked out, when I did my emotions started to rise and my brother came to mind. I went to the deserted hall, it was a dark and quiet place that no one who  has a choice uses or goes through. I went there and let myself slide down the wall, the tears began  to flow, I stayed there for the entire day crying. When the day ended, I got up and went to the  bathroom in the deserted hall, and splashed cold water on my face before heading back to my class to grab my stuff. “Kei are you ok this behavior isn’t like you at all?” “I’m fine” I then left with my stuff, I headed to my locker and grabbed my backpack and the rest of my stuff before leaving the building. Normally I’d ride the bus, but today I just didn’t feel up to it, so I decided to walk the 12 miles home in the rain and mud. I put my jacket over my backpack so it wouldn’t get soaked, I on the other hand was drenched in the cold rain, but I didn’t care, to me it kind of felt nice. When I got home 4 hours later Ezrin and Mr.Luno were waiting for me with worried looks, as I walked up to the house muddy and soaked to the bone from the rain. I just walked right past  them not saying anything. I entered the house, took off my shoes, and hung up my jacket, before  picking up my backpack and heading upstairs to my room. I dropped off my backpack and  grabbed a change of clothes, then headed to the bathroom to clean up, once I was done I headed to  Sion’s room to check on him, he was now sleeping on his side instead of his back and it sounded  like he was sleeping peacefully, he was getting better. I left and went back to my room to work on  my homework with a gentle smile on my face, I felt a sense of relief to know he would be ok soon. Once I finished I went downstairs to eat supper, then went back upstairs to get ready for bed. After 3 hours it was bedtime. Once I laid down all the exhaustion from worrying washed over me, and the darkness of sleep consumed me.