ch. 3 : U N A T T A I N A B L E

"Pull yourself together, you're definitely not falling for her," Chaeyoung says looking at the bathroom mirror. It's 6 AM in the morning and she splashed water on her face.

It's another day of Chaeyoung trying to deny the fact that she's "probably" in love with Myoui Mina. It's been days after their date, and she proceeded like nothing happened.

She went out to the kitchen and saw the source of her confusion, sipping coffee.

"Good morning Mina-unnie," Chaeyoung says.

Mina smiles with eyes still a bit sleepy, hair a bit disheveled-- Chaeyoung still finds her so cute.

"I mixed one for you too," Mina says pointing at the cup of coffee, and Chaeyoung nods murmuring a quiet thank you.

They followed their usual routine. Coffee in the morning, work and sleep at night, Together with all the other members. And nights of food binging and movie watching with the not-so-busy nights. But something changed with this routine today- when the other members are busy.

It's 8 PM now on a weekday, and Mina and Chaeyoung are the only ones around in the dorm.

Nayeon and Dahyun with shooting a certain variety show. Jihyo and Jeongyeon were asked by CEO Park Jinyoung to talk about new songs for their new album. Sana, Momo, and Tzuyu are out to watch movies on the cinema. The three invited Mina and Chaeyoung but Mina declined.

Today, Chaeyoung noticed that Mina is kind of down which is why she refused to go out. She stayed back so Mina wouldn't be alone (not that she told anyone about that). She lied telling them she wanted to rest and watch a new series on netflix.

Chaeyoung had asked Mina what's wrong or anything is upsetting but Mina just shook her head. She saw Mina locked herself in the room. After a few minutes, Chaeyoung knocked and gave her a cup of chocolate coffee.

Mina took it and smiled weakly as she locked herself again. Chaeyoung proceeded to stay in her own room and watch movies on her laptop. The hot chocolate helped Mina more than she realizes, the latter felt calmer now.

Chaeyoung always has her way to have this effect on Mina who had the tendency to shut herself out- she's always someone to pull her out again.

It's then Chaeyoung heard a knock.

.

Mina.

The woman didn't say anything and just stomped her way into Chaeyoung's bed. She laid there and covered herself with a blanket.

"ready to tell me what's wrong?" Chaeyoung asked and sat beside the older girl.

It was then Chaeyoung heard a sob coming from the woman that left both ache and panic on her heart. Mina wasn't used to being vulnerable but chaeyoung, she just makes it okay to be this open.

Chaeyoung rubbed the latter's head and laid beside her- and embraced her.

It's was only for minutes but it felt like hours as Chaeyoung held the woman close. She felt her heart skipping beats and her cheeks flaming up in red. Mina finally showed her face and turned to Chaeyoung facing her, "R-rei.."

"Rei?" chaeyoung asked. Trying to recall where she heard the name.

"yeah.. she's our family dog, who's been with us for almost 10 years," Mina says ,"a-and..my mom called me and told me that rei died this morning."

And that sad face mina had on her face melts chaeyoung. She pulled Mina into a hug , "It's okay.."

She allowed Mina to cry a bit more- and just being by her side makes Chaeyoung felt needed. Chaeyoung didn't leave and she appreciates it. It was so calming that Mina finally dozes off into a deep sleep.