| New Bonds |

Chapter-12

|NEW BONDS|

Amaal paced back and forth in front of the ICU constantly checking her wrist watch. She was restless. It has been already three hours since they started the surgery. She wanted to be inside the operation theatre,but hospital procedures was that staffs who are personally related to the patient aren't allowed to be at the surgery. She could get swayed by her emotions. Moreover how can she watch her little son's body being ripped open?

After what felt like an hour or two,the door finally opened,the doctor along with two other nurses stepped out. Amaal rushed to them,wanting to know her son's conditions now.

"He is alright Amaal. The surgery was a success. Luckily the cyst was not as serious as I thought..I'll soon shift him into the room. After two or three days,you both can go home. Be happy now. He is fine."  The doctor patted her shoulders and went away.

"Can I see him?" She asked the nurses.

"You can but not now. Wait a little more." Amaal nodded understanding. She sat back on the chair thanking the Lord for making everything go fine.

  _____________________________

Advait drove the car to the Kapoor mansion. He never knew that Vivek Kapoor would pass away early. It was a pity that he didn't get to see his daughter's wedding.

On the passenger seat,his father was sat, looking straight ahead at the road. Eventhough he had a few wrinkles here and there and a couple of gray hairs, Raj Malhotra was  perfection just like how he looked in his younger years. He could still get middle aged women to fall on his feet if he wanted to.

Dressed in white on the backseat sat his elder brother and bhabi. Obviously they sat far apart from each other on each window corners as if some sort of virus existed between them. Advait sighed at that. His brother's marriage was a failure. Even a fool could make out that no love existed between Amulya and Dev.

Advait has never seen the two sitting close to each other or showing affection. Of course for public show,they hold hands and stand side by side. But that's it. Behind close doors they detested each other. Sometimes he felt sad for Amulya at the way his brother treated her.

Whenever he would pass by the hallway of their house, he would always hear how they quarrelled with each other inside their closed room door. At day time when no one was at home,he would find his sister-in-law sitting near the balcony and silently sobbing. But he did nothing about it. Who was he to intertwine between a couple's issue?

All he wished was that he didn't end up like his brother. He wanted to make his marriage work and not end up like his father and brother. His family did not have a history of making love last long. He clenched the steering wheel tightly as the thought of his mother,whom he has never seen, filled his mind.

Ishaan was of course absent and was God knows where. He was not picking up his cell phone and did not come home last night either.

Advait pulled the car into the winding driveway fo the Kapoor mansion which stood tall and high but was empty. No one was there for the ritual except them. Ofcourse it was for safety reasons. The media is yet to know about Vivek Kapoor's demise. Otherwise there would have been a tsunami of reporters outside the gate.

Amulya stepped out of the car,adjusting the pleat of her dull white saree and looked at the huge house in front of her. She was yet to know whose funeral she was attending. She had no idea about Advait's marriage decision or any sort. As said,she was a ghost in that house.

She felt Dev's presence beside her,standing close to her left side looking ahead just like her. Unlike other times,he was dressed in a white plain shirt and blue washed jeans rather than his signature black suit as this was a funeral.

Raj Malhotra led the way and his sons and daughter-in-law followed. As Naina couldn't do the rituals of the funeral, Advait, the future son-in-law was entitled to perform the last rituals.

_____________________

Naina watched as the fire burned away her father's body into ashes. She watched as her husband to be completed the rituals for her. At then,she felt a never ending respect and admiration for him. At least he agreed.

She felt a woman's presence beside her.

Placing her hand thin lean hands on her shoulders,the woman comforted, "I'm sorry for your loss."

Naina knew that the voice had no ounce of fakeness in it. They contained pain for her. It felt good to have someone weep with her and understand her. The unknown woman stood by her till the whole rituals were over. When the sun went down,Naina and her future in-laws got inside the mansion.

Naina watched as the guests took their seats on the couch. Advait sat opposite to her,his eyes never leaving her. At first she felt uncomfortable at his stare but then slowly got used to it. She also noticed how the woman whose name she was yet to know sat next to Advait's elder brother.

She must be his wife. Assumed Naina.

A throat clearing brought her back from her thoughts into reality. "I know this is soon,but you both should seal your marriage bonds as soon as possible. The enemies are rising and a rebellion would soon start to take over the Kapoor Enterprises. The sooner our businesses merge, the sooner we can avoid threats." Raj said.

Amulya's eyes widened. This girl was going to marry Advait? She felt pity for her. Her life was also going to be ruined just like hers coming to that tainted house of theirs.

"What is your say in this Naina?" Asked Raj once again once he noticed that the girl was silent.

Naina on the other hand was thinking. How can she have her marriage the same day her father died? Isn't it absurd? But then again there are a lot of absurd things happening in her life.

Naina nodded making up her mind. This is what her father wanted.

"I need words. I don't like people nodding. Is it a yes or a no?" Raj reminded getting annoyed at the girl.

One of the maids who was standing by Naina's side intertwined, "I'm really sorry Saheb but Miss cannot speak. Her vocal chords are damaged."

"WHAT???" Roared two voiced astonished at the same time. It was Advait's and his father's.

Advait couldn't believe what he just heard. The girl he was going to marry was mute? What the hell!!!!

______TO BE CONTINUED ____