Do you love me now?

Third chapter of the day, I am on a roll. SEND IN YOUR REQUESTS. I'm gonna be up all night.

Set after Defenders of Berk and before Dawn of the dragon racers.

Thanks to astridvh for this request x

I loved writing this one, especially with the mixed personalities.

Hiccup is 17. Astrid is 16.

***

Now, it was no question that the future chief was... well, a Hiccup. The clue's in his name. It was Viking tradition to call the runt of a litter a Hiccup. 

Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III was born early into this world, therefore making him smaller and weaker than other babies. The village feared he was too weak to survive, but seventeen years later, and he was still proving them all wrong. Of course, he was still smaller than many other boys his age. 

Hiccup and his father had been away on a two-week 'Bonding trip'. Astrid stood at the docks with Stormfly, anxiously awaiting his return. 

Astrid's POV

I watched as Stoick's ship drew closer and closer to Berk. I couldn't wait for Hiccup to get back. Mostly because Snotlout and the twins were driving me insane. But I also missed him. More than I thought I would. 

Stormfly gently nudged my side. Only then did I realize I had been holding my breath in anticipation. I finally let the air out of my lungs.

I gasped when I saw Hiccup step onto the dock. He looked... different. A good different. A really good different. How could someone change so much in two weeks?

He looked like a completely different person. Though his forest green eyes, goofy lopsided smile, and adorable freckles were unmistakable. *Focus, Astrid.* 

His hair was shorter and somehow messier. But it topped off his new outfit perfectly. Instead of the plain green tunic and brown belt, he usually wore. He now had a leather shirt and armor too. Though I think a red tunic would suit him better than the green. His face was skinnier but he had definitely developed some muscles. He was still a fishbone compared to most seventeen-year-old boys, but wow, did he look good? 

*Focus, Astrid!*

I felt a warmth across my chest. I couldn't quite understand what I was feeling. I had never felt anything quite like it before. 

Hiccup raced over to me and pulled me close. HE GREW! Hiccup was now towering over me, resting his chin on my head. But the familiar scent of his Hiccup aroma was enough to draw me in. He was at least five foot eight. Making him about two inches taller than me. I had always been taller than Hiccup. And I liked it that way. It was a lot harder to be confident Astrid when the boy I had been crushing on for two years goes from being... a Hiccup to... this.

"Astrid, you okay?" He asked. There was worry in his voice. At least he still sounded the same. I shook myself out of my thoughts, realizing I had done nothing but stare for the past few minutes. 

"Uh, y-yeah. I'm fine." I stuttered. What was that about? Why was I so nervous? I'm Astrid. I don't do nervous. I blame Hiccup and his stupid tallness. 

"You changed your shirt." He noticed. 

I wasn't expecting him to notice. It honestly didn't change all that much. It only went from turquoise to blue. I nodded, and I'm almost certain I was blushing. 

"You too," I whispered.

"And your skirt." He was noticing everything. I don't know why I expected anything less. He was still Hiccup. I nodded once again. "And the boots."