Part 1

Fury ran through my veins as the words repeated in my brain. 

"Your mom is just a stupid excuse of a woman. She's a slut that throws herself at other men for money. What a hore!" 

I couldn't hide it anymore, even though I was supposed to keep it hidden I had to release it. No one speaks of my mom that fucking way. My back ached for permission to be released. Once I saw his mouth rise to a smirk I lost it. I sent him a death glare before releasing a laughter. 

"Watch your mouth, you don't know who ur messing with." I said now smirking. My devilish wings rose from my back. The wings were red, almost as if they had been stained with blood. I walked slowly over to that prick watching as his smirk got replaced with fear. This feeling was something I had craved. 

When I reached him I grabbed him by the throat and observed him as he craved for air and my permission. I laughed. 

"Your not so tough now are ya?"

He kept choking and gasping for air. How pathetic, to go from the king to a slave in just a matter of seconds. 

"Don't ever speak about my mom or me again. Don't talk about this to anyone or else I might need to pay you another little visit." I said releasing the grip around his neck making him fall to the ground gasping for air. I spotted red burn marks forming on his neck. I really wasn't experienced in my powers. I just found out I had wings and kinda can't control them. Oops.

That's when I left. My wings returning to my back quickly. Making sure to jog lightly before exiting the school. I didn't want to get caught in my act now would I? 

I made my way to a nearby diner. I had a really good relationship with the owner so when I would visit I would always leave with a smile on my face. Because of my numerous visits the workers already knew my usual order, a cup of coffee (black) and a ham & cheese toast. I used to get the toast with tomatoes, but I recently discovered that I'm allergic to them, how lovely. The very second I entered the diner Marie spotted me. 

"Hey Cel! I'll start on the usual right now." She yelled practically from the other end of the store. Cel was a nickname I received from them, I don't really see it but they think its cool. Marie is just a couple of years older than me, she is honestly the most joyful human being ever. She has the most golden hair and uses those round glasses that really gives me Tumblr vibes. This one time I drew her in my sketchbook and she LOVED it and payed for my food herself. 

"Hey Marie. Thanks, how are you?" I asked as she walked to the kitchen.

"Im very good actually, my package from amazon just shipped and I'm SO exited." She said from the kitchen. She shot me a funny face which made a laugh escape my lips. 

A couple minutes of sitting at my usual table and catching up on some assignments Marie arrived with my food. It looked drool worthy. I craved coffee so I gulped it down, leaving just a couple of sips left. 

"Girl, chill. Tough day?" She spoke up looking down at me with a pitiful look. 

"You don't even know half of it." I looked up at her giving her a small smile before she left. I ate up my toast and writing a little here and there. Once me and my stomach was satisfied I payed and then left. I knew just the place to go to before my mom would arrive home. The normal time for her to get home is midnight. Sometimes she just might sleepover at some rich guys house. At the moment I'm just letting my feet lead the way. 

Shoot, Im Celeste Dawn. Im 17 and I live in a small town called Cameston. It never really happens anything here. My dad died or something. I don't really know what happened to him. Either dead or he left my mom and I. My mom isn't in the best condition. I mean his words weren't all that wrong, it just hurt me to hear them. Like a realization hit my head. Since it's just my mom and me I have to take care of her, most of the time. She hooks up for money and I work at a bakery. I don't mind the work, it makes me feel responsible. I don't really know how it happened but I have powers. Some red wings and well the rest in unknown. Today I realized that I might just burn people? I saw what I did to Sam's  (aka the bully) neck.

Now I'm just sitting at the abandoned playground at the edge of town. The sun is almost down which resulted in a gorgeous sunset filled with all sorts of colors. Red, orange, yellow, blue, pink, purple you name it. I pull out my sketch book from the bottom of my backpack. I drag the bag with me to sit on the swings. The swing makes all sort of noises when I sit on them. Do I really weigh that much? Nah I would say that I was blessed with a natural curvy body. But more in a skinny way. 

I decide to make a quick sketch of the sunset, even though its just black and white on paper its a good shape/eye-hand coordination practice. Just when I had put the basic shapes in I hear sounds that I place as footsteps some seconds later. I freeze, not knowing what to do. When my head snaps around I feel a sharp sting in my neck. This bitch just shoved a syringe in my neck. Ugh the audacity.I noticed it wasn't just one dude, but more like five, all of them surrounding me. A black van was parked not far away. 

"What the fuck" My hole body soon felt harder and harder to keep up and then the darkness consumed me.