ii. rescue team

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

Mount Justice

August 19, 19:39 EDT

"This is Kent Nelson, a friend. He is one hundred and six years old..." Red Tornado began to explain after the team coerced him to give them a mission. A full-body picture of Kent was brought up on the holo-screen.

"Guy doesn't look a day over ninety." Wally cut in.

"And he has been missing for twenty three days. Kent was a charter member of the Justice Society, the precursor to your mentors' Justice League."

"Of course! Nelson was Earth's sorcerer supreme. He was Doctor Fate." Kaldur lectured once he recognised the hero from the given information. He spoke about him as if he idolized him and his work, which he did.

"More like Doctor Fake," Wally whispered to Artemis. "Guys knows a little advanced science and 'Dumbledores' it up to scare the bad guys and impress the babes." He waved his hands around, pretending to be a wizard.

"Kent may simply be on one of his walkabouts but his great-granddaughter, Stella Nelson has reported his disappearance to Batman, showing the true gravity of the situation."

"And speaking of babes..." Wally droned off as a picture of Stella was displayed. His ad-libs continuously caused Artemis to roll her eyes which were probably going to fall out at this rate.

"He is the caretaker of the Helmet of Fate, the source of the Doctor's mystic might. And it is unwise to leave such power in Stella's protection. Batman has said that she has never left Salem and barely leaves the Tower, she is unaware of certain nuances of the modern world, putting her in danger for anyone who seeks the helmet."

"He's like the great sorcerer priests and priestesses of Mars. I would be honoured to help find him." Megan said, putting her hand on her chest as she remembered the sorcerers back home. She bowed to show her respect but quickly stood back up straight, "and of course to protect Stella."

Despite previously accusing Kent of being a fraud, after hearing Megan's support for the ex-hero, Wally took a step forwards, "Me, too. So honoured I can barely stand it, magic rocks." He pumped his fist.

"Take this, it is the key to the Tower of fate." 

✰✰✰

"So, Wally, when did you first realize your honest affinity for sorcery?" Artemis asked, wanting to stir the pot in the team.

"Well, I-I don't like to brag, but, uh, before I became Kid Flash, I seriously considered becoming a wizard myself." He made up on the spot as he looked at Megan out of the corner of his eye, leaning back in his chair with his arms behind his head. He got the reaction he wanted to earn, as she gave him a warm smile.