iii. science

✰✰✰

✰✰✰

Tower of Fate

August 19, 20:22 EDT

"Wow, state the obvious much. Oh, yeah, 'thank you for saving us, oh mighty one!' would suffice," Stella sarcastically sung. The whole team turned to face her, causing her to cower from the many eyes. But then she remembered what they said earlier, "Wait, you guys know Red Tornado?" She asked as they hesitantly nodded, "No way! Are you guys, like, actually superheroes?!"

"That we are, babe," Wally answered, about to approach the girl but Artemis walked up to him, pushing him against the wall, "Enough! Your little 'impress the babes at all costs' game nearly got us all barbequed!" She yelled, prodding at his chest.

"When did this become my fault?"

"When you lied to that, whatever it was, and called yourself a true believer!" Artemis was finally fed up with Wally's prioritisation of his own feelings over the safety of others. So much so that she finally called him out in front of everyone, including a total stranger.

"Wally, you don't believe?" Megan innocently asked. The entire team avoided eye contact with each other, as did Stella.

"Fine! Fine! I lied about believing in magic. But magic is the real lie, a major load." He angrily responded, crossing his arms over one another as he looked at the ground.

"Wally, I studied for a year at the conservatory of sorcery in Atlantis. The mystic arts created the skin icons that power my water bearers." Kaldur spoke up, his palm still in contact with the floor. This information caused Stella to slide over to the boy, sneakily lifting his sleeves to see the marks he was talking about. Politely, he pulled his sleeve down, sending a message to the girl who backed away.

"Dude, you ever hear of bioelectricity? Hey, in primitive cultures, fire was once considered magical, too. Today it's all just a bunch of tricks." His hands were on his hips as he egotistically explained the supposed myth of magic.

"You're pretty close-minded for a guy who can break the sound barrier in his sneakers."

"That's science. I recreated Flash's laboratory experiment, and here I am. Everything can be explained by science." He explained, his arms flailing around more as he got more heated.

"Let me guess," Stella began, walking towards the science boy as she massaged her temples, "Of course... you're a Scorpio! It totally makes sense, you're intense, passionate and determined." She said, gently booping him on the nose at the end of her sentence.

Surprisingly, Wally swatted her hand away, "What does that even mean? Listen, I do AP Chemistry but what you just said was gibberish to me."

"It's your sun sign, silly. Based on when you were born and where, certain personality traits can be determined based on the constellations in the sky at different angles." He gave her a blank stare, clearly confused at her rushed explanation. "Think astronomy but... magical." She added, wiggling her fingers as they left behind a trail of sparkles.