Chapter 7

"Sam!" I could hear him yelling but I was already heading down the elevator to the garage. Tears were fighting their way out and I was already wiping them away.

I was terrified and just wanted to go home. I pulled my phone out and tried to dial Jessy. It was late so I knew she might not answer. She didn't, so I tried Emily. I fumbled for the keys as tears poured out like a faucet.

"Hello?" A sleepy Emily said.

"Em!" I cried and unlocked the door.

"What's wrong?" She asked, now awake.

"Mark is trying to kill me!" I yelled. I got into the driver seat and locked the door.

"I was in his hotel room and we were getting kinda close. Then he pulled out a case that had all types of kidnappy things in it."

"Like what?" She whispered.

I told her all about the contraptions and gadgets in his trunk. Before I was done she was laughing hard.

"You are so silly Sammy."

I wiped my tears again, "What are you laughing about? This is serious!"

"Sam he wasn't trying to kill you, that's bondage equipment!"

"What?"

"Didn't he get you to read 50 Shades? He was obviously preparing you or whatever."

"...What?"

Emily giggled some more, "Sammy, he's just into some freaky stuff. Honestly...I should've ended up with him." She joked.

My head was spinning and my mouth was dry. I did like that book and it made me interested in those things. But seeing it in person was different. It made it real.

"Oh." Was all I could say.

"Where are you?"

"I'm in my car, in the garage under his hotel. I left."

"Sam just go back up, if he tries to force you then you leave, call me and I'll come beat him down. But honestly he seems like a nice guy. He's just a freak." She laughed.

"I can't go back now, it's weird. I ran out."

"Oh my goodness." She said, "Well, what are you gonna do?"

"I don't know...I don't know. Are you sure he's not trying to kill me?"

"I'm almost positive, Sam."

Knock knock

I looked outside the window and saw Mark standing there with a concerned but slightly angry look on his face.

"He's outside the car...what do I do? He looks kinda frustrated."

"Well you ran out on the guy when he thought he was about to hit that fat ass."

I tried hard not to laugh, "I'll see you at school ok?"

"Just have fun Sam; if you don't like it just tell him."

"Ok, night Em."

I hung up and got out the car.

"I'm... sorry I ran out." I told him, "But you scared me." His expression didn't change.

"I should've talked to you first before I opened it up." He said, "I didn't mean to scare you."

"I know."

His face soften a little, "Do you want to leave?"

"I don't know....I don't think so."

"Then don't."