prologue

In my head I tried to piece together the many different so called "loves" I've encountered associating them with the seasons- of course. Summer always reminded me of my first love. Lively, warm, beautiful, but secretly broken. Summer and I didn't last. It was too hot and I too cold.

But I loved Fall next, so I was okay. Autumn was always the prettiest, it didn't get better than that. It was pure and hopeful. But I was never really in love with Fall. I  only convinced myself it was the best, knowing it wasn't meant to be my favorite at all. 

And then I thought I fell in love with Spring. I craved her. Her rain, her flowers, her foggy mornings and everything in between. I thought I fell in love with Spring and maybe I did. But I think Spring will always have a place in my heart a place that will certainly last forever though we are not meant for each other in this lifetime.

And lastly, when I thought of myself as unlovable and broken. I fell i love with Winter. I fell in love with the way the cold clang to my skin and how the beautiful loneliness of a snowy night felt. I didn't want to love the cold in fact i did everything in order to push away the passion. But I couldn't not love it. Winter became my everything. The snow became my own personal brand of coke. It was the only thing that made me feel. I was addicted to it, but more specifically, I was addicted to the freezing weather, the silence, and you.

I killed them.

I killed them all. 

I may be immortal, but oh such a lonely one.