1. Confuzzlement

This is a preview chapter of a story that isn't yet completed. It might stay up. It might be deleted and return later in full with corrections.

"So let me get this straight. You all agree you were kidnapped, you all agree Bakugou was hurt in the process, you all agree that you were held in the same room, and you all agree you escaped." The escape and kidnapping bits are pretty obvious since they're all back here after being gone for two days, but considering the exhausting conversation (argument) they've all been having for the last ten minutes, Aizawa figures he may as well count every silver lining no matter how minor.

He's seen quirks that muddle the memory before, been under the affect of one or two himself in the past, but he's never seen one so comprehensive. So far, those four things are the only things his four students agree on. Everything else changes depending on who's asked.

It made for some interesting interrogations not half an hour ago. Each of them gave conflicting stories but none of them had told a single lie because they all believed they were right.

"We also all agree there was a girl," Midoriya pipes up.

"No, she was a woman," Todoroki immediately disagrees.

"I'm pretty sure it was a boy," Uraraka adds.

"Then you're idiots, she was a girl like Deku said and she was definitely a kid. Younger than us." Bakugou's got his arms crossed over his chest and despite everyone agreeing he was hurt two days ago, he has no wounds or even marks to speak of. He says it's because the mysterious girl healed him but— while none of the others can come up with an explanation— Midoriya is absolutely certain the healing has nothing to do with her.

Aizawa's about ready to tell them to sleep it off, assuming the quirk even is something that can be slept off, but he can't. Unfortunately, while Midoriya is pretty sure the girl was working with the enemy and never came into their cell beyond giving them food and water (he doesn't like thinking about why a child so young might be working with villains), and Uraraka thinks 'he' was with them the whole time but told the enemy about their escape plans, and Todoroki thinks the 'woman' was only there to spy on their conversations, Bakugou is convinced she's a prisoner like they were. Bakugou is also dead certain that she let the villains hurt her so she could bring back food for the cell.

If there is even a chance there's a child in the hands of villains, he needs to look into it. He's been asked to look into the case in order to take down the villains who abducted his students anyway so finding out if a young girl is also involved shouldn't be any additional trouble. If only his students could agree on where exactly they were taken, this would be a whole lot easier.

"Alright," Aizawa speaks up so they'll stop arguing about the nature of this girl/boy/woman. "Are there any defining features, anything about this person that you all agree on?"

The four kids looked between each other like they could somehow figure out what they agreed on and what they didn't without words. Why did he ever agree to teach teenagers?

"Hair colour?"

"Black," Midoriya answers, and the other teens nod. Finally, progress.

"Eye colour?"

Midoriya frowns, chewing on his bottom lip before turning to the others again. Uraraka looks similarly stumped. "Dark," Todoroki says and Bakugou nods when Aizawa looks to him.

"He's black," Uraraka adds.

"She," Todoroki corrects without missing a beat.

"They're black," Midoriya says, always one to minimise conflict. That or Midoriya has changed his mind on this person's pronouns. Aizawa isn't paid enough for this.