𝒐𝒃𝒔𝒄𝒖𝒓𝒖𝒎

OBSCURUM—— ✩‧₊˚ ☾ SHADOW AND BONE FIC ☽ ˚₊‧✩ ——© -LAEVINIC

OBSCURUM
—— ‧₊˚ SHADOW AND BONE FIC ˚₊‧——
© -LAEVINIC. 2021

PAIN AND LOSS WILL DEFINE USTHEY  WILL   NEVER  BREAK  US

THEY  WILL   NEVER  BREAK  US

———  SYNOPSIS  ———

       DARKNESS CANNOT SURVIVE WITHOUT LIGHT. It craves it. It longs for it so that it can abandon its feelings of loneliness. Without Darkness, there can be no Light, and without Light, there can be no Darkness. The two are forced to balance each other for all of eternity.

       People cherish the Light, yet perish the Darkness. Condemning it as nothing but destruction and chaos in an ever changing world. Darkness does not belong. It hides in the shadows. While Light shines brightly over the people that praise it.

       Long ago, people lived in fear of the people that could bend these great forces. Afraid of the power they had swallowed from the great Heavens themselves. The people were greedy, they wanted these powers for themselves. So they hid behind armour and false honour, calling themselves soldiers, heroes, witch slayers, kings, any title they could think of to get what they wanted.

       For centuries, Light had been returned to the skies, permanently removed from the Witch who once stole it at birth. There had never been another who could summon the Sun's Light. Instead Eternal Darkness reigned over the world, desperately seeking out its counterpart, destroying anything in its path.

       In pain and anger and loss, it's Summoner tore Ravka in two, set fear into the hearts of any man, woman and child. Separating children from their parents, leaving them orphans.

       Years later, a young woman is employed by the Duke of a Manor that took close care of those such orphans. Giving them food, shelter, warmth. But while she was there she made sure to give those children a home. To care for them like a Mother should.