4. Zoomies

⚠ slight talk about death ⚠

Technoblade POV :)

------

I couldn't believe it.

Phil actually made me do it.

I stared at the woman, who had been slowly taking every single toy of Floofs he had and tried to make him play with it but the dog just stared at Ruth, blinking every time she would let out an aggravated sigh. Her black hair fell in front of her face as she leaned closer to Floof and blew on his nose. The creature only licked it and stood up walking to finally greet me, running around my feet for a minute not letting me get past the small coridor.

"Stupid animal."

I heard her whisper and I cleared my throat glaring at the woman, as she rolled her eyes and walked deeper into my apartment not even waiting for me to put down my jacket. I shrugged it off and hung it, picking up Floof and taking him with me, following the lady, while she studied my whole kitchen and living room with the same numb look she had, when I gave her a napkin.

"How's your hand?" Quietly placing Floof down I opened one of the cabinets, taking out my small box of meds I had. I silently hoped they hadn't expired as I haven't gotten sick in the past two years.

"Don't feel it." Ruth's eyes bored into my back as I searched for Ibuprofen. Finally finding it - I grabbed a glass and filled it with water - giving her both and lolling my head at her when she kept staring at the small pill, "I said, I don't feel it."

Her other hand went on the other one, as she pressed her fingers on the injury and licked her bottom lip. I sighed and opened the fridge to get wet dog food, filling Floofs bowl with it and letting him enjoy his meal.

"Do you want anything to eat?" I questioned her - still ignoring her stare.

"No."

"Bruuuhhh, one word answers - how nice." I remarked, rolling my eyes and getting out some boiled potatos, "I do." I shrugged and started cutting up the potatos in a pan and glimpsed at the stunning woman, "Can you please grab two eggs from the fridge?"

I didn't expect her to actually get up and do it, but she did and placed both of the eggs in my hand, taking the water glass and downing it whole with the pill.

I smiled and thanked her, starting to cook the potatos and adding some spices and plucking the eggs in, to cook with the potatos.

"It smells nice," Ruth blurted, her eyes widening before a crease formed between her perfect brows.

"It does, yes..." I commented, smiling again and putting the cooked potatos with eggs on two plates. It felt very weird eating with someone, as the last time I had a meal with someone else was when I was still in college. My dad was very adamant on having me at least eat with the family once a month or two, so 'I wouldn't forget my roots'. I enjoyed it, especially since I could act like the older one between my sisters.

Ruth made no comment as I passed her the plate and gave her another glass of water, also pouring one for myself.

For a moment it was quiet, but Floof had to have his zoomies right as the awkwardness had disappeared. I shook my head and cackled at the dog, making Ruth raise an eyebrow in question at both me and the small white ball of fur.

"How long is he going to do that?" The woman turned to face Floof as I finished washing my plate. Ruth Eloise cocked her head at my silence and sighed, "I really don't appreciate not getting an answer." Her voice was filled with annoyance and I dried my hands, leaning on the counter.

"He might do that all night, who knows..." Shrugging, I straightened up and made my way to my bedroom to get a blanket and a pillow. The couch is too small for me but my kindness exceeds me and I decide to give my bed to Ruth Eloise. The woman sighs at the dog and sits down on the living room floor, making Floof run around her. If it weren't for the fact that she was dangerous I would catch myself admitting she was stunning.

"Pathetic. Who would call their dog Floof?" She whispered making my dog finally look at her. Ruth Eloise tucked a strand of her dark hair behind her ear and leaned closer to the animal, cocking an eyebrow, "So... you react to Floof..."

A deep sigh left my mouth and I put the blanket and pillow on the couch.

"Do you need to shower or... something?" I blink away the seeping darkness and loll my head to the side, to watch the woman's every move. Her eyes were still placed on Floof, as if she was hypnotized by the white fluffy creature.

Floof stalked closer to the woman and nuzzled into her outstretched palm, making the corners of her mouth stretch upwards into a sad smile, "My dad never liked having pets. He thought they were all monsters." I walked closer to the sitting body and crouched down facing her.

The gray in her eyes dulled and I cocked my head waiting for her to continue.

"Looks like the thing he feared was the same thing that killed him." Her quiet voice disappeared and she finally shook her head, looking up at me, but her hand was still in Floofs fur. The white fluff of fur seemed to calm the woman. And because of Floof, I got some information on my first ever case.

Maybe it wasn't the information that would be deemed helpful in my case, but it was the first step to knowing more and I would make sure I prepare Floofs meal extra meaty.

"I just want to lie down, if that's okay?" She asked, making me widen my eyes and nod eager for her to sleep. I go and lock the apartment and enter the living room with her still sat against the couch and Floof under her palm. She had fallen asleep in a span of seconds. It surprised me.

This woman, who had been nothing but dominant and 'scary' could trust an animal she just met so easily to help her finally close her eyes.

Floof was still awake and I crouched down to pet the pup. He stayed still under Ruth's hand and didn't even try to get away. A small corner of my mouth pulled up and I sighed, putting one of my hands under her knees and the other under her back, carrying her to my room and placing her in my bed. Hopefully she won't threaten me in the morning by pulling a knife on me.