5.

⚠️ Gruesome, blood, stitches ⚠️

------

As the night rolled around Techno felt himself slipping into unconsciousness. It felt familiar but somewhat undeserving.

What had Ruth meant? Did an animal kill her father? But she had recalled that the man thought of animals as 'monsters'. Maybe something else? But this is earth, there are no monsters...

It stumped him how a single word could make his brain swipe through countless of books and theories, that might as well not be true.

For what it was worth, Techno knew he needed to talk to the woman a lot more, and study her while he can. He needed to solve the mystery. He needed to finally let her dad rest with justice.

"What's up?" The old police man stalked closer to Techno as the young man went through the details for the same case that has haunted his whole career.

He looked up from the papers and nodded, looking back down, "Checking."

Phil raised an eyebrow and looked to the side at Tommy talking to Ranboo with a disgusted face, "Okay? How'd it go with Mrs. Eloise?"

For a slight second he paused, squinting and then jumped out of his chair, leading the way to the cells, with Philza following him.

"See for yourself," Techno muttered, sitting down in the chairs that face the cells.

Ruth had sat down on the floor and touched her bleeding palm with her fingers. She had opened up the stiches and played with the meat and blood that was slowly trickling down her body.

Philza had to look away to not throw up, "For Christ's sake! What are you doing?" He was still looking away, as Henry, the victim, had already gotten a bucket and thrown up, turned away from the gruesome scene.

Ruth kept playing with her hand and drawing with her blood, while Techno stared at her face. It was blank, like she had disappeared from the face of earth, or was just numb. Void of any emotions.

"Mrs. Eloise, I'm going to have to handcuff you if you don't stop." Techno informed, already taking out the handcuffs, because he knew she wouldn't. And as he expected, she didn't.

He turned to his coworker and nodded, "Can you get a medic here? She took out the stitches herself and I don't know if the hand is infected..."

Philza shook his head and stumbled out, trying to regain the strength to keep himself up.

Techno unlocked the cell and restrained the woman's arms away from each other so she wouldn't make it worse.

"Eloise, you're going to come with me to my desk so someone can patch you up. I'm going to pick you up in one, two and thr–" The man hoisted her up so she could stand and got her walking with him to his desk. Where he sat her down and draped his jacket over her, trying to make her warm. Her pale skin only worried Techno and he sighed, breathing out the heavy weight.

"Hello, Mrs. Eloise, I'm Nihachu, but you can call me Niki, how are you feeling?" The medic came and questioned Ruth Eloise, but wasn't met with an answer, which Techno noted. He turned to shake Niki's hand.

"Callahan stitched her up previously but she got it open again. Do you need any assistance?"

His kind offer didn't go unnoticed and Niki nodded, "Yes, Callahan sent me, can you get her some lukewarm water and can we lie her down?"

They tried to talk to her while Niki, did her best to stitch Ruth up. The woman seemed unresponsive, which made Techno worry about her own safety. Was she in shock? What even happened?

He just went to wake her up and saw that she had picked a little at her stitch but nothing too bad. It was more concerning that she was awake and sat on the ground.

When they arrived, which was a silent ride to the police station, because she wouldn't talk to him, Ruth had succeeded in tearing her wound open and pulling her skin. It made a mess in Techno's car, but he couldn't care less. He tried to stop her but she just went into the cell without him saying anything. He deemed it weird that she had suddenly disappeared like that. It was like her mind had blanked out when he needed her.

He was scared for her.

"