Chapter six

"I thought you were gonna be training with the boys." Sheryl questioned, obviously confused as why the older girl was sitting next to her.

"Me too." Madeline stated, confused herself why the coaches hadn't asked her to train with them today.

Both girls stood on the sidelines watching the boys practice.

"Why aren't you taking pictures?"

"Because they aren't ready, these pictures have to be perfect and they aren't gonna look good if the boys aren't trying their hardest." Madeline explained, not really paying full attention to the little girl beside her.

"Mhm." Was what Madeline heard from beside her.

Putting all her attention back to the practice, all she hears is scattered grunting and the coaches yelling at the boys.

"Everything we gonna do is changing. We are change. We're gonna change the way we run. We're gonna change the way we eat. We're gonna change the way we block. We're gonna change the way we tackle. We're gonna change the way we win." She heard Coach Boone Shouting from one side.

"Defense is desire! Fire and desire." From the side Madeline and Sheryl were on.

"Defense! Come on!" Sheryl started yelling at the boys. This caused Madeline to look down at the girl beside her and let out a laugh, immediately trying to stifle it. Sheryl hearing her laugh looked up with a playful glare and shoved her elbow into Madelines side.

"Ouch! What was that for?" Madeline asked trying to hide her smile. All Sheryl did was look forward and cross her arms over her chest.

Madeline playfully scoffed, copying Sheryl's actions, focusing back onto the practice.

________________________________

The practice went on. The coaches yelling and blowing their whistles.

Hearing shouting near her, she turned in the direction of where she heard it and found Petey and Coach Boone.

Petey started running with the football clutched in between his hands with his head bowed down.

"Hey." She said softly, not trying to scare but in hopes it'd get his attention. Thankfully, he lifted his had up and offered her a sad smile.

"You know it's not your fault. I mean the whole point of coming to this camp is so the player can get better and be at their best for the games." She started off with.

"Its frustrated, y'know. I just can't focus when he's always yelling at me for doin' something wrong." He said, lowering his head back down.

"Don't sweat it, you have room for mistakes, plus we're here for another 2 weeks. You'll get enough practice." She finished with a smile and a reassuring hand on this shoulder. After a few seconds he lifted his head and smiled.

They ran the rest of the mile with each other until it was time for lunch.

________________________________

Madeline had gotten her food and was now looking for somewhere to sit.

"Hey, follow me." She suddenly heard from the side of her. Looking over she saw Louie looking down a her with a small smile, afraid that she would turn down his offer.

"Okay, let's go." She said, gesturing her hand for him to lead the way. They got to the table and sat down. No problems at all, until Julius decided to say something.

"What you doing, man."

"Eating lunch." Louie responded simply. Louie looked over at Madeline and all she did was shrug her shoulders and continue to eat her food.