13.

A softer chapter 🥺

Y/N's P.O.V.

I winced as Khan cleaned the cut on my face and I pushed his hand away. He gave me a disapproving look and I smiled weakly.

"I'm okay, thank you." I put my hands over his and he leaned his forehead against mine.
We were in a small apartment Khan claimed was rarely used. He said there were a few places we could lay low across the city before we could risk leaving and finding somewhere to settle down and plan an end to Starfleet.

"You're sure?" He asked and I nodded.

"Just tired. It's been a long 24 hours." He hummed in agreement and it was strange to think that just a few hours ago I was flying through space and avoiding debris. His hands landed on my waist and he helped me off of the bathroom counter. I reached up, kissing him lightly and he kissed me back.

"Bedtime, I think." He muttered, making me smile and nod. Leading me out of the bathroom, he took me down the hallway to a large master bedroom with a bed bigger than any I had ever slept in.
"We should be able to find something we can change into for the night." He spoke, looking through a set of drawers as I moved to sit on the edge of the bed. I rubbed my eyes and let out a small sigh.
"It's going to be alright. I'm not going to let anything happen to you, Y/N."

"I know." I turned to face him, giving him the best smile I could. Which, honestly, probably wasn't all that great. My mind and body were exhausted.

"I've lost too much already, I can't lose you too." He frowned deeply, placing a piece of clothing down on the bed near where I was sat.

"You're not going to. I don't plan on going anywhere without you." I spoke honestly.
"We've only got each other now." He nodded his head and I picked up the large shirt and shorts he had left next to me. I turned my back on him, too tired to care if he was looking or not, before getting changed into the clothes that were more than a few sizes too big. Khan looked at me with a tired smile as I crawled into the huge bed, patting the space next to me. Moving next to me, he pulled me close and wrapped his arm around me, making me feel a little safer.

"Goodnight, my darling, Y/N." He whispered, kissing my head.

"Goodnight, Khan."

~

I slept so deeply that I didn't even dream.
When I woke up, I was curled up against Khan, who was playing with my hair. I leaned into his touch and an amused chuckle escaped his throat, but neither of us said a word. He continued to play with my hair and I enjoyed the relaxing action, the comfortable silence making me feel even safer than I did in Khan's arms.

"How did you sleep?" Khan asked me and I looked up at him.

"Like a baby." He smiled a little at that, leaning down and kissing my lips softly.
"What about you?"

"I didn't sleep." I looked at him in confusion.
"I couldn't risk both of us sleeping and something happening."

"Khan, you need to rest, even if it's just a few hours." He shook his head and I sat up a little, looking down at him.
"I'll stay awake and keep watch, you need to sleep." He glared at me slightly, attempting to sit up, but I put a hand on his chest, pushing him back down.

"Y/N..." He warned and I smirked a little.

"Don't use that tone with me, Mr." He seemed taken back by my attitude.
"You're going to sleep and I'll stay here until you wake up, then I'll fix us something to eat, alright?" He reluctantly nodded and I laid back down.
"Good." His arms wrapped around me once more and his eyes closed. I checked the time, seeing it was a little after 8am, before I let myself get lost in my thoughts as I looked at the man in front of me.
Of course, I had noticed the moment I saw him, but he was a truly beautiful person. His cheekbones, the darkness of his hair against his pale skin and his eyes- his eyes were the most brilliant colour I had ever seen.
After a while, I realised that I really needed to pee.
I tried to hold it, but when that proved to be a bad idea, I slipped out of his arms and down the hall to the bathroom.

"Y/N?!" There was a crash and I jumped, flushing the toilet and quickly washing my hands, before coming face-to-face with Khan as soon as I opened the door. He hugged me tightly and I hugged him back.
"I thought you were gone. I woke up and-"

"Hey, I told you. I'm not going anywhere, Khan." I kissed his head.
"Do you want to go back to bed or shall I look what there is to eat?" His rumbling stomach answered that question for me and I took his hand, trying to remember the way to the kitchen.

"This way." He pulled me in the opposite direction and I laughed lightly.
"I don't think there's much." He admitted, sitting down at the counter and I looked through the cupboards, finding more than a couple of tins.

"Beans or soup?" I asked him and he looked at me with a small smile, before nodding towards the soup. After looking around a little, I found a pan and began our food. As the soup was heating up, Khan came behind me and wrapped his arms around me.

"They were wrong, your old crew." He muttered and I looked at him.
"I never planned to use you or kill you. As soon as I saw you on Kronos, I knew you were different. Then you got yourself hurt trying to get Kirk to stop hitting me, a criminal. There was something I couldn't put my finger on about you. I was curious." He admitted and I smiled a little.
"Then you spoke to me with a kindness I wasn't prepared for. You listened and understood and I don't know when I began trusting you."

"Khan-"

"What I'm trying to say..." He continued.
"Is that I've only known you for one week and that was all it took. One week of knowing you and I can feel myself falling for you."

"That's really sweet and trust me, I feel the same, but if you don't let go of me, the soup is going to burn." His hold tightened slightly and he kissed my cheek.

"Let it burn." He whispered, trailing kisses across my jaw and down my neck, a shiver running down my spine.

"As much fun as it would be to continue this, I'm hungry." I slapped his hands lightly, getting him to back off as I moved to stir the soup and take it off the heat.