14.

Y/N's P.O.V.

Weeks. It had been weeks since Khan and I came to Earth. We had moved around a lot, but it was for our own safety.
During the day, we would tell stories of our pasts. I'd tell him about my brothers and father and in return, he would tell me about his crew and the adventures they went on.
During the night, Khan found that he liked to read to me. I loved it, his voice was so calming, I could listen to him read for hours on end.
I knew I was falling for him and fast, but that didn't bother me at all. I was happy, genuinely happy, for the first time in a long while.

"I'm back!" Khan called and I jumped up from the couch, going over to the door.
He had been out for hours, surveying the area and keeping an eye out for any Starfleet officers sniffing around.

"Anything?" He shook his head, no, before leaning down and kissing me sweetly. He shrugged his coat off and I pulled him over to the couch, pushing him down, before making myself comfortable against his side. Khan didn't mind, I found that he didn't really mind me doing anything if it included me cuddling up against him.

"It's been quiet. Too quiet." He mumbled, kissing my head.
"It's strange. The Vengeance is almost completely cleared up."

"Future technologies scaring you again, old man?" I asked teasingly and he scoffed.

"It's barely been 2 months. 300 years ago, that would have taken years to clean up." He shook his head.
"I suppose there will be some changes I just never get used to."

"Don't be so hard on yourself." I nudged him.
"Come on, I know what will make you feel better." I pulled us both up off of the couch, leading him through the large studio apartment. It was easily the biggest place we had stayed and it was beautiful.
"How about a nice hot bath?" I asked, moving towards the en-suite bathroom. He let out a sigh, before there was a horrifyingly loud thud and Khan pulled me into the bedroom, closing and locking the door quietly.

"Khan Noonien Singh! Y/N L/N! We know you're here! Come out and do this the easy way and no one gets hurt!" A deep voice yelled and Khan pulled me towards the bathroom. Opening the window, he looked down at the alley bellow us. We were on the third floor, he wasn't expecting us to jump, was he?

"I'll catch you, don't worry." He reassured, seeing my concerned expression.
"We have to be quick." I nodded and he climbed out of the window, jumping down into the alley below. An idea struck and I rushed back into the bedroom, grabbing a bag and filling it quickly. I heard Khan whisper-yelling my name and I went back to the window.
"What are you doing? Jump!" There was a bang on the bedroom door and I trusted Khan to catch me and he did.
"A bag? Why did you get a bag?"

"Trust me, you're going to thank me later." We rushed to the edge of the alleyway and I reached into the bag, pulling out hats and sunglasses. His eyes widened in realisation and he took the items from me. It was a very stereotypical disguise, but we were broke fugitives, what did you expect?

"You alright?" Khan asked and I nodded, taking his offered hand.
"I know you liked that place."

"I knew we couldn't stay for long." I gave him a small smile.
"Here, I also grabbed this." I produced the small notebook from the bag and his eyes widened. He took it from me and flipped through the pages in amazement.
"Yeah, I thought you'd like that." I muttered and he looked at me. The notebook was his plans for Starfleet. It was all in code, obviously, but I knew that if that fell into enemy hands, he'd be heartbroken. It would be unlikely that they could decipher it, but then Khan would have to start all over again.

"You got it." He whispered, before hugging me tightly.
"I love you, Y/N." The words brightened my entire day. So what if we were almost just arrested? Khan loved me.

"I love you too, Khan."

~

"Khan!" I burst into our little flat, taking deep breaths. I had just ran halfway across the city and I was exhausted, but it was worth it.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" Khan rushed to my side, a worried look in his eyes. I threw my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.
"What is it?" He asked as I broke the hug. It had been a little over 6 months since we made it back to Earth. We had been on the run for 6 months and more than anything, I wanted to be back up among the stars.

"You're not going to believe it. They're alive. The crew. They're alive! Apparently Spock had the cryotubes removed from the torpedoes." He looked at me with wide eyes.
"They're alive, Khan, and I know where they are."

"How..." Khan stepped towards me.
"How do you know?"

"I was tailing a couple of rookie Starfleet officers, trying to figure out if they knew anything about where we were, but they were talking about how Commander Spock outsmarted us. How he saved his crew... and ours." I smiled

"You..." He looked at me.
"I love you so much." He hugged me tightly, spinning me around.
"Let's get our crew, darling. Let's get our crew and kill everyone that has done us wrong."