Chapter Thirty-One: Pregnancy Test

"Hey, baby!" Noah greeted, bending down behind her and kissing her head as she worked at her desk. She spun in her chair, a grin plastered on her face. "Hi, bub." She cooed, leaning in for a kiss.

A week since the successful surgery, a week since Noah and Dixie had figured out what their relationship meant now, and a week since Dixie's fixture within a heart that was once terribly broken.

A new beginning had opened up for both Noah and Dixie. They still weren't too public to the rest of the business about their relationship but people knew well enough that something was going on between the two so they kept their fair distance. It was all so new for the couple. In the past few months, it was no secret nor surprise that they've been through so much to get where they were. But they were certain that if they had to do it all over again, they would in a heartbeat if it meant being with one another in the end. With no more secrets weighing down on Dixie's heart and no sign of insecurity on Noah's end, things were perfect and couldn't get any better.

Dixie rested her arms over Noah's shoulders, "so... you know those emergency packs of cigarettes I have in my drawer?" She asked. He lifted her chin up and nodded. "Well, I want to get rid of them." She said confidently. Noah's eyes widened and a look of pride washed over him as he picked her up and spun her in his arms. "Baby, that's huge! I'm so proud of you."

"After seeing my dad and almost losing him... I don't want that life for me. It's not worth it and I'm happy. I'm in a stable place in my life." She explained, "and you're one of the reasons why." She coyly smiled, pecking his lips. "Well, I'm happy to be apart of it. Just know that I love you."

"I know. I love you too." Their lips met in a breathtaking kiss that soon intensified. In one swift movement, Noah had her on top of her desk yet still fully clothed and their lips still attached.

"Hey, Dix! You ready for- oh my God!" Addison yelped in horror, quickly covering her eyes with her palm dramatically. Noah and Dixie detached themselves from one another, awkwardly clearing their throats as a sign that Addison could now look.

She stifled back her laughter, "did I just witness a porno?" She screamed.

Dixie rolled her eyes, "no! We're fully clothed!" She fought. "We don't have to be." Noah joked with a smirk as Dixie swatted at his chest. He chuckled, getting a grip of her wrists and quickly brushing his lips against hers, "I'm sorry, baby. I love you." Noah pouted.

"You guys are cute and all but Noah you're gonna have to leave. Dixie promised me lunch and considering what I just witnessed, I deserve it." Addison sarcastically smiled at him, showing him out the door. Before exiting, Noah leaned into Dixie's ear and whispered, "I'm gonna have to get you a lock for that door."

"Or you could wait and just have your fun at home!" Addison chimed in before shoving him out.

For lunch, Addison and Dixie found themselves at a local Italian restaurant that was located in front of Central Park. They haven't been able to hangout quite often due to Addison's frantic wedding planning and Dixie's business in her new relationship. They weren't able to just be together for a solid amount of time. As promised, instead of hanging out with Noah as if she didn't already, she was with Addison for lunch while Noah and Bryce were somewhere themselves.

Addison's wedding was well thought out. She wanted a rooftop wedding that was somewhat modern yet filled with plenty of greenery. A friend of theirs that went by the name of Bryant would be capturing the moments of the ceremony. The wedding was meant to be relatively small and only have close friends and family there. That way, there would be less stress on the couple and more realness to their special day.

"How's the wedding plans going?" Dixie asked. The invitations were already sent out and of course, every guest was able to bring a plus one but luckily for Dixie, her plus one was already invited. It was to be taken place in two months while the weather in New York would be much nicer and everyone will find the joy in wearing beautiful dresses and pristine suits.

Addison squealed, grasping Dixie's hands from across the table. "I'm so excited! I got my dress and everything but there's one thing I really need to ask you." Addison unsurely said. Dixie nodded, guiding her to go on. "Well, I want you to be my maid of honour. I was planning on asking you in this really cute way but then I got all caught up in wedding planning and I feel really, really, really, really bad because you got me that really nice gift and- ugh! I feel like a bad friend. Am I a bad friend?" Addison rambled. Dixie chuckled and shook her head at Addison's nonsense, "of course I'll be your maid of honour! I'm so excited! And for the record, you have really bad mood swings." Dixie giggled before her laugh faltered as realization settled in, "wait! Are you..."

"Pregnant? Yes. I am. Can you tell? I was also going to tell you in a really cool way but then-" quickly, Addison's tears began to fall and Dixie raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Ugh! Am I getting fat? Is that why you asked? I swear I was gonna tell you in a super cute way but I am struggling so... pretend this was cute. Okay? Okay."

"Very cute. Anyways, congrats!" Dixie cheered, standing to her feet and engulfing Addison in a hug. "Thank you... I'm terrified."

"Don't be. I'm sure you'll make an amazing mother." Dixie reassured her best friend.

Noah's conversation with Bryce about him being the best man was a lot more calmer than Addison and Dixie's. Of course, he was expecting that he'd be given that role considering Bryce and him have been best friends for years and have always stuck by each other's sides. It fit perfectly. Noah and Dixie's best friends were getting married and they were to also be apart of it. It had crossed Noah's mind multiple times of it being the other way around. He thought that it was perhaps too soon to be thinking that way but he came to his own conclusion that if he didn't think that way, his relationship with Dixie would be a waste of time. However, that wasn't the case. His relationship with Dixie was the best thing that has ever happened to him. If it weren't for her, he would've never learned how to love someone. Even if she may not think so, she taught him patience. It was her that showed him how to support the right people. The right people being the ones he loves and the one women he loved the most besides members of his family were Dixie.

The pregnancy announcement is what shocked Noah the most. However, despite the bewilderedness caused by the news, he was happy for his cousin and best friend. Their little family was finally growing and Noah couldn't be more excited nor supportive for them. When Addison and Bryce had mentioned Dixie and Noah being the most perfect aunt and uncle, it had both of their hearts feeling fuzzy beneath the racing it was doing. Having others mention things that resembled a forever between the two was comforting to know that it wasn't just them that thought they were meant to be.  

"I'm so happy for Bryce and Addi." Dixie commented as they cuddled in Noah's bedroom. Their night was eventful and ended with Dixie tracing her fingers along his abs as he ran his hands up and down her side. "Me too." Noah smiled. "That's going to be us one day." He said wholeheartedly.

She sat up from the bed, a look of shock spreading across her features. Noah swiftly sat up as well and began to panic, "I-I'm sorry... it's too soon to say that, isn't it? I don't mean to stress you out-"

A hungry and searing kiss had cut him off as Dixie tackled him back into the bed before reluctantly pulling away, out of breath. "Talking about the future doesn't scare me... not anymore." She grinned from ear to ear. "I want to talk about those things with you."

Noah nodded, proud of how far they had come. "Well, one day we're going to get married and start our own little family. How does that sound?" He lowered his head to meet her softened champagne eyes. She hummed, "two kids and two dogs!" She squealed, "how does that sound?" She mocked him.

He admired her features for a moment before kissing her lips and then pecking her nose, "that sounds perfect."

Noah was startled by his phone suddenly ringing. He groaned and stepped away, "let me take this." He whispered. She nodded and ushered him to go out into the hall so that she could watch her show in peace.

"Listen, I can't do this right now." He muttered lowly.

Authors note:
The title has no significance at all. Just thought it'd be fun to add in considering Addi's pregnant :)