Paying Respect

This chapter takes place during Return of the Jedi after Luke has learned the truth.

Several months after Luke had encountered Ahsoka and made his lightsaber, he, Leia, Chewbacca, Lando, C-3PO, and R2 made a plan to rescue Han from the clutches of Jabba the Hutt. It wasn't easy trying to develop this plan and it almost went wrong, but thankfully, they were all able to successfully rescue Han. After that, Luke went back to Dagobah to see Yoda once more. But since he was nine hundred years old, Yoda then died peacefully in his sleep, confirming to Luke that Darth Vader was his father and his last words before he died and became one with The Force were that there was another Skywalker. Luke felt conflicted about confronting Vader knowing that he was his father. Obi-Wan then confirmed to Luke that his father Anakin Skywalker was seduced by the power of the Dark Side, and by betraying the Jedi, he became Darth Vader. Obi-Wan then revealed to Luke that Princess Leia Organa was his twin sister. As Obi-Wan disappeared, Luke was contemplating and coming to terms with all of these revelations.

Suddenly, Luke could feel another Force-sensitive presence. It was familiar to him. "Ahsoka?" Luke asked, recognizing her presence. The Togruta walked up to Luke. "Hello Luke. Hello R2," said Ahsoka as she gently pet the Droid. "What are you doing on Dagobah?" Luke asked, surprised to see Ahsoka. "I had a feeling Yoda was dying," said Ahsoka, "I wanted to say goodbye to him and pay my last respects before he passed..." Luke sadly looked down and said, "I'm sorry Ahsoka, but Yoda's gone. I watched him fade away and become one with The Force." Ahsoka placed her arm around Luke and said, "no-one is truly gone... take comfort knowing he is one with The Force, and that he didn't die alone since you were by his side, Luke." He hugged her and said, "it's good to see you, old friend." Ahsoka hugged back. "Hera told me that you and Leia managed to successfully rescue Han," said Ahsoka. "It wasn't easy, I'll tell you that much," said Luke, "we all almost died." Ahsoka laughed, "I've been on plenty of my own adventures where I've almost died. Were you able to make your new lightsaber?" Luke nodded and said, "I did. I'll show you." Luke then got out his lightsaber and revealed the green blade to Ahsoka. "Amazing," said Ahsoka, "and you built all this by yourself?"

"I had good teachers," said Luke. He deactivated his lightsaber and continued, "I also learned several revelations." Ahsoka asked, "what did you learn?" Luke sighed, "I've learned and accepted the truth that Darth Vader is my father... did you know?" Ahsoka sadly nodded and said, "I did... I wanted to tell you, but I wasn't sure how... trust me Luke, when I found out that my former master had become the Dark Lord you see before you, I was horrified of what he had become. I barely survived our first encounter." Luke looked at Ahsoka and asked, "he spared you?" Ahsoka shook her head and said, "no. I wanted to save your father, Luke. I didn't want to leave him again. The last thing he said to me when I said I wouldn't leave him was, then you will die... that doesn't really sound like the type of warrior that would spare his enemy. I got lucky thanks to a rebel who is Force-sensitive like you. I survived. But I know that the good man that was once Anakin Skywalker is gone..." Luke countered, "I want to believe that there's good in him. Maybe there is." Ahsoka sighed, "perhaps there might be. But he wouldn't listen to Padme. I don't know if he'll listen to your reasoning." There was silence for a moment.

"Obi-Wan revealed something else to me," said Luke, "I have a sister... It turns out, Leia is my sister." Ahsoka gave a look of shock and said, "you have a twin sister??" Luke nodded and said, "believe me, I'm just as shocked as you are. How I'm going to reveal the news to her and Han, I don't know." Ahsoka smirked and said, "I'm sure you'll find a way. Then again, you Skywalkers are always known for revealing bombshells at the worst of times. Speaking of Skywalkers, I wanted to show this to you." Ahsoka then got out a small pod and activated something, revealing a hologram of a woman.

" Ahsoka then got out a small pod and activated something, revealing a hologram of a woman

Luke looked at the hologram and asked, "is... Is that my, I mean... is that our mother?" Leia almost looked like her. Ahsoka nodded and said, "yes... Padme Amidala, former Queen and senator of Naboo. I may not have been there when you and Leia were born, but I'm certain in her final moments, your mother loved you both very much." Somehow, Luke could almost hear his mother's voice saying as she died, "I know there's still good in him..." Luke couldn't help but be moved to tears seeing the image of his mother. But these were tears of joy. Luke smiled and gently said, "thank you for this hologram, Ahsoka."