𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐

The loss of Charlie's touch as they separated from dancing immediately caused Evelia to have touch withdrawal. She never felt so in love while being so close to anyone; she had a feeling Charlie was going to be a lot of her firsts.

"I think I should go now, my mother is probably worrying about me," said Charlie, looking straight into Evelia's strangely prominent grey eyes. "When will I see you again?"

Flattered, Evelia answered swiftly. "Whenever you want, I'll always be here."

Charlie looked at Evelia with a grin as he bowed. "Well then, see you soon, Lady Evelia. Good night."

Evelia loved the way her name rolled off his tongue. She curtsied as his name left her mouth effortlessly. "Good night, Prince Charlie."

Charlie started to walk towards the front gate and then stopped, looked behind him to look at Evelia one more time then went out. Evelia giggled a bit at the way he stopped to look at her. "He's so strangely charming," Evelia thought. Walking towards the piano, she sat on the bench. Closing her eyes, she let her fingers take control. Her fingers took her into the world of Swan Lake by Pyotr Tchaikovsky - back to a time where life was faultless.

December 12, 1905

"You're doing great Eve," said Evelia's mother Alma as she played "Füelise" on her family piano.

"Thank you, mummy," replied Evelia, delighted her mom was proud of her. As the song came to an end, she wanted to learn more and move on to harder pieces. "What can I learn next?"

"Pachebel's Canon in D?" said Alma. "You are a quick learner, I think you can do it."

"Okay." Evelia looked at the sheet music and started to play on the piano. Alma stood there, admiring her six-year-old daughter as she played effortlessly; she could already tell Evelia was going to be an intelligent and gifted young woman. Even with a couple of mistakes, Alma knew Evelia was ready for an even harder challenge.

"Are you ready for your next one?" asked Alma as Evelia finished playing the piece.

"Already?"

"Yes, I think you're ready for my favorite piece," said Alma as she smiled, walking up to her childhood music book of "Swan Lake".

"Swan Lake? I've always wanted to play that one," said Evelia, excited at growing at the piano, she truly enjoyed playing it.

    As the song ended, Evelia couldn't help but sit on her piano chair for a little while longer. She wanted her mother to stay in her mind for as long as she could. As the image of her mother in Evelia's head started to fade away, she decided to go upstairs and take a nap. Naps always helped Evelia feel her mother's presence again. As soon as Evelia's head hit her pillow, she was sound asleep.

December 13, 1907

"Claudia, please let her live, she's just a child," said Belle, wiping a tear off her eye.

"You heard what they said," said Claudia, cleaning the knife she was going to sacrifice Evelia with. "We need to kill all of them. If we don't, it'll be the end of all humanity."

Belle could not brace seeing sweet little Evelia's life being taken in front of her eyes with the risk of the ritual not even working. She did not want an innocent life taken for no reason. Even though Claudia was her sister, letting her kill an eight year old was like letting a bird take apart its own nest. "What if I took her somewhere? I'll keep her away from humans until she's old enough for our sacrifice."