part three

Authors Note- I've split up the 6,000 words into three parts so it's easier to read. I hope y'all enjoy the plot!

-

When I felt Cleo wrapping her arm around my waist, our sides brushing together, heat crumbled my body. It was like feeling sandpaper against my body, so harsh, yet blissful at the same time. I gave her a look that I hope she never recognized, for it pooled all of the infatuations in my mind. There was no way I could not continue to be entranced by her.

    She was wearing something in baby blue, the dress far too short for any public event. Her hair was wrapped in a bandana, and her eyes shone back at me. She looked like the end of the road, and it made me fall madder in love.

    We spent the night chatting up: about the plethora of locations to visit in New York City, the problems with our parents, some interesting literature, and some wildly illicit jokes. Since both of us were tipsy, we decided to stay back at the underground club. I knew the club manager, and he let us both have a room at the bar.

    It was far past 3 am, and the noise of traffic from cars had finally begun running down. I was getting a bit bored of the alcohol, so I decided to grab the karaoke mic, and sing something half-done.

    "This is a song that I've been working on for the past couple of days, so if you'll allow me, let me sing you this aubade," I said, pulling out the cables for the mic.

    "All ears, mademoiselle," Cleo nodded, her eyes fixated upon mine.

    My fingers gingerly worked on starting up the piano melody. I switched between A minor and A7 before slowly brushing past an E minor. I opened my mouth, and the lyrics began pouring out of my lips

    "If you'd let me, I'd love you like the space has its stars. If you'd let me, I'd fill up all the cameras in the world with photos of your smile. If you'd let me, I'd take you slow dancing, in the middle of the rain, and call out your name. If you'd let me, I'd wake you up with breakfast in bed," I sang, slowly prodding away at the piano keys.

    "Why don't you then? It's raining outside and nobody's there. Slow dance with me. Scream my name out," she whispered, climbing up the stage.

    My hands continued to play the chords, my fingers moving to the B minor. My lips didn't stop singing. My mind was hesitant to take her up, very aware that she'd run away if she knew me. I saw her fingers lingering in the air and I couldn't put it away for longer. Closing the piano, I accepted the offer, pulling her hand in mine, and ran us out of the speakeasy. I pulled her into the side roads and up a ladder coiled around the side of an apartment. The view of New York City from the terrace was much clearer, painting the background for her soul to shine in.

    The rain fell slowly, scattering the cement leisurely. I saw her eyes light up at the sight of the towers, my heart immediately fluttering. I could already feel the butterflies starting to dot my skin, sending tingles through my arms.

    "May, I?" She asked, picking up my hand into hers.

    "You, may," I responded, brushing my fingers into her hair.

    She kissed my hand, bringing it to her shoulders before swiftly spinning me around. The rain was pouring, and both of our shirts were practically translucent. My temple pressed against hers, and we moved to the sound of thunder. It felt like she was sedating my mind.

The serenity of the rain made enough music to run wild, for both of us to dance like no one else was watching. I took her arm and watched her face as I spun her around, seeing how she only had one dimple. I pulled her into me, her back now placed on the top of me. I let her stand on my feet, watching her shout as loud as she could. I couldn't do much more other than to just watch her with glee.