part seven

Authors Note: I've split up the final milestone of 20,000 words into 2,000-word parts + an epilogue. I hope y'all enjoy it. 

I made a futile attempt to fight against the egg breath, but she continued to lean into me, making the two of us fall onto the ground. I giggled, gently caressing the tip of her nose before leaving a peck. Moving my lips all over her face, I noticed that she slowly began getting back up. Phlegmatically, she continued to press our lips together, overlooking the fact that the windows were wide open. I felt a few tingles brush my spine, her lips instigating a plethora of sensations. Reposefully, she pried our lips apart, her eyes still closed from the motion.

"Is that enough of an apology, my love?" She questioned, wrapping her forearms around my waist.

"You could do a little more," I eyed suggestively, undoing the buttons on my shirt.

"Are you suggesting we make love right here? With all of our neighbors watching? Because if you are, I might just be bewitched," Cleo said, pushing her hands against my sides.

"That's exactly what I'm saying," I responded, leaning onto her arms.

Chuckling, she began kissing me with even more vigor. Cleo ardorly removed my shirt, her fingers beginning to loop around my skirt. She began unbuttoning them, my legs moving swiftly to shake the clothing off.

I threaded my fingers around her clothing, trying to find the hooks keeping her fully clothed, Hastily, I undid them, removing my lips from hers to get it off. Left in our underwear, we stroked every inch of each others' skin, the tension fastening around our throats.

She propped me back up, beginning to take off the bralette I had on. Her fingers - accompanied by her lips- traveled everywhere, making my knees weak. I trembled, pulling her on top of me, and kissed her even harder. She smirked, resuming everything that could make me run mad. She began undoing my underwear as well, my fingertips working to take her bra off.

..

"It's better if I left Cleo. It was an amazing night, and I will continue to be indebted for all of your love. I bid you a sorrowful goodbye, my love, and I will mold myself into parchment," Bette continued, shaking away the grip of Cleo's hand.

"Can't we meet like this every time you come here?" Cleo asked, hoping that fate could reunite them.

"I wish we could, but Dion will get suspicious. I'm afraid that any more of our interactions here will end up becoming stolen glances and unnecessary small talk."

"Anything more, Bette? Anything?"

"No, Cleo. We've missed our ship. Goodbye, Cleo. I'll miss you," Bette whispered, leaving a searing kiss on Cleo's cheek.

She watched her walk away, back into the ballroom, and disappear away. A sharp pain occupied Cleo's chest as the night came back to her. All she could remember was the accident, and how she'd left without saying goodbye.

..

"Though I thoroughly enjoyed that, we need to get back to packing, my love. We leave in 3 hours, and my apartment is a total mess. So, if I may place a request, could you please put some clothes on so I don't get distracted?" I asked, watching her sit in a blanket.

Lighting a cigarette, I made a futile attempt to separate the laundry. She was still on the table, waiting for me to begin again.

"So, you'd categorize me as a distraction? That's awfully demeaning considering the fact that I just gave you the best sex of your life," she chuckled, loosening her grip on the eiderdown.