Chapter 2: I've Been Caught

A/N: Hey guys!! lol, no one has read this story yet but I hope my imaginary friends enjoy it!! also (s/c) means skin color, just a heads up!

if you guys like the edit follow nunlikenaruto for more of my crappy edits!!

Now back from commercial break!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shikamaru's P.O.V

Choji and I just finished in the Hokage's office and were aimlessly walking around.

"I gotta go Shikamaru, my mom's making my favorite for dinner tonight! Wouldn't want to be late!" He says while polishing off a bag of barbeque chips.

Where did he get those? Ah, never mind, it would take too much time to figure that out, I thought.

I waved him a lazy goodbye, not that he would've noticed since he was too focused on the dinner he was about to eat and continued walking. I figured I would go to my favorite spot to be lazy and watch clouds, maybe even take a nice nap.

As I was walking through the village, my mind drifted to the girl I had seen earlier,

she looked so good in green.

Why am I thinking like this?

I shook my head trying to get the intrusive thoughts out of my head and the soft smile that was pulling at my lips.

What a drag, I hate doing this amount of thinking!

I took a second to observe my surroundings and notice I was close to the Naka river, which means I'm almost to my favorite spot. I heard some laughter coming from the river, not wanting to startle whoever is there, I walked closer to the trees and bushes covering the area, so I would appear hidden. Finally, my curiosity couldn't take it anymore, this person had such a beautiful and comforting laugh. I slowly and sneakily moved the tall bush leaves around until my vision was clear enough to take a peek but also that my cover wouldn't be discovered.

It was her.

My heart started accelerating at a dangerous pace, just as before.

My eyes were overwhelmed at the scene in front of me.

She was emerged in the water, wearing a white tank top and her (h/l) (h/c) hair was slicked back from the water. I could see all the water droplets illuminating on her beautiful (s/c) skin.

She was glistening.

I kept hearing her laugh, I wondered why she was laughing, but she seemed so carefree and genuinely happy. I feel like I've heard that laugh before.

I want to be the reason she laughs.

What the hell? Stop thinking like that, it's too troublesome!! I reached up and lightly slapped my head hoping to get these thoughts to go away. As I slapped my head lightly, my hand brushed against the leaves, causing a noisy commotion.

Shit, I think she heard me. Shit, I think everyone in the village could've heard me.

How did I possibly become a shinobi? And an honored one at that?

"who's there?" an angelic voice called out while smiling widely.

I froze, my voice caught in my throat. I figured if I stayed completely still, I would eventually become completely invisible.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I was swimming around in the river, it was so nice to be in the water.