Lothbrok Sister - Harald pt.1

Y/n, the daughter of Ragnar and Lagertha. She was born after Ragnar was married to Aslaug who already had given birth to Hvitserk when Ragnar decided he wanted a taste of his ex-wife once more. There was a lot of hostility between Lagertha and Aslaug over this, as well as Ragnar's other transgressions, but no matter how much she tried, Aslaug couldn't hate the little girl.

Y/n spent plenty of time between Kattegat and Hedeby, growing up with all her brothers whom she adores, even the cranky and perpetually pissed off Ivar. Over time the brothers, no matter how much younger or older than they were to her, would still be overprotective and treat her like she was made of glass, which she hated. Despite all that, she loved her brothers dearly and would torment them as much as they tormented her, out of love.

She did become a great shield-maiden and even joined in on raids but only a few. Y/n had met and known about King Harald Finehair and his brother Halfdan the Black from when she was little, even having developed a crush on the much older of the two men, but she eventually grew out of it, or so she thought.

Y/n hadn't seen them since before her father and oldest brother left to raid in Frankia. And when they returned, the two brothers had returned to their home in Vestfold instead of stopping in Kattegat first. Ragnar, her father having felt his pride was beyond damaged, exiled himself and life went on, which Y/n grew into a very beautiful shield-maiden, much to her brother's dismay at having to fight off every guy that even remotely came near her, wanting her attention or at least under her skirt.

After her father returned from his self imposed exile and then took Ivar to England, she was depressed. Not only did she miss her littlest brother and chess companion, but she was getting older and should have been married by now, but her brothers kept scaring off any possible suitors. 

When Ivar returned home without their father, he told of what happened. Later they were visited by Odin himself telling them of their father's death. Then came the decision to avenge him, and the Great Heathen Army was being established. Shortly thereafter, Harald and Halfdan showed up to join them.

Y/n was somewhat surprised to see them again, though she didn't express it, but even more surprised when they didn't recognize her and had both tried to flirt with her. Once her brother Björn informed them of who she was, they were completely caught off guard, but still appeared pleasantly surprised. It made Y/n blush some, that is until Harald's attention was drawn to the Princess Ellisif who was married to Earl Vik. Y/n never did like her, having been forced to 'befriend' her before and found her to be a selfish, self righteous, pompous bitch who felt she was deserved everything though never lifted a finger to earn it.

 Y/n never did like her, having been forced to 'befriend' her before and found her to be a selfish, self righteous, pompous bitch who felt she was deserved everything though never lifted a finger to earn it

Seeing the older of the Vestfold brothers eye Ellisif like a goddess, hurt her heart some. Y/n knew Harald wasn't hers to be jealous of, and in fact he hadn't even really acknowledged her existence until just moments ago, but still it hurt. Guess she wasn't over her crush on him after all.