𝟐𝟐. 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐏𝐒

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

❝𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐈𝐓? You have no right to say that when you have no idea what love feels like," Killua lashes out at me. "You lost that feeling when your memories were lost. And you never figured it out again."

"I never figured it out again? No, Killua, I have felt it. I've felt love, I've felt heartbreak, and all those feelings were because of you." I jab him in the chest angrily. "You have no idea what I've felt. Because that day at the hospital, everything was about you. YOUR feelings when I forgot my memories. When did you ever give me time to say what I felt? NEVER. I was stuck trying to comfort you. And every time I opened my mouth, you jumped in trying to say that you didn't want me to see you like this, that you didn't want my pity."

"What are you trying to say," Killua asks monotonously, but he says it as if it's just a regular sentence. 

"I only lost my memories," I whisper, a faint wind blowing at us, making me internally shiver. "I never lost my feelings." 

I don't know how Gon did it, but somehow he convinced me not to read the letter. Now it's sitting in my backpack, which is in Alluka's lap. A way to make sure that neither Killua nor I don't go racing for it.

Speaking of Killua, the tension between us is so thick that you could cut it with a knife. What type of tension, though, I have no clue. 

Thinking back on earlier, though, I realise that everything I did had balanced on the fact that I think that Killua still loves me. But now I see that the only person who thinks that is me. Killua just reinforced that fact. So now, how am I going to play my cards? I can't rely on Killua anymore, so I'll have to tiptoe around quietly. 

Turning my head back to Gon, I see that he's staring at me. "Sorry," I start off. "I wasn't paying attention. What did you say?"

"I was wondering what memory you regained."

"Oh." I launch into an explanation. "So who is Leorio, Kurapika, and Tonpa?"

Killua opens his mouth to answer, but Gon cuts him off. I lock eyes with his own brown ones, and he nods comfortingly. I smile weakly back as Gon explains. 

"Kurapika and Leorio are our friends. I don't know if they've been told that your memory was lost, because someone didn't even tell me. But yeah, they're our friends. Tonpa is someone you should just forget. He's not important."

"Oh. Okay, then." I look up at the sky and see it's close to disappearing over the horizon. "It's pretty late. Maybe eight o'clock already? I've got to go. See you guys later." I wave before starting to pack up. I do so quickly and get ready to leave.

KILLUA POV