One Year Anniversary

I woke up to the sun shining through Tris’ thin curtains. I sat up and saw he wasn’t in bed. Then I realised what the date was. It was mine and Tris’ one year anniversary. I smiled to myself as i remembered what had happened in that year. Getting caught by James, our first date, our first time together, the first time we said ‘I love you’ to each other, our first fight and make up, and not to forget the first time we exchanged promise rings, first kiss, first birthdays, first wedding, Christmas, New Year, Valentine’s, Easter, summer and getting through the fact Rachel was back in his life as a friend. I leant over to the drawer and pulled out his card and present before hearing the door squeak open slightly. I kept my eyes on the door and Tris came into his room carrying a breakfast tray. I giggled as he smiled. “I thought you’d still be asleep” he said putting the tray at the bottom of the bed and sat next to me. I kissed him gently “Happy Anniversary bubby” I smiled at him as I stroked his cheek. He smiled “Happy Anniversary baby” he said as he held my neck and waist. I smiled as he kissed me again. I broke away and handed him the small, rectangle box and card. He took them and opened the card first and smiled as he saw it. Then he opened the box to reveal a Pandora bracelet with five simple beads on it. A plain silver bead, a J, a heart, then a T, before ending in another plain silver bead so it spelt out ‘J hearts T’. He smiled “I love it” he said as he put it on his right wrist, away from all the other bracelets he wore. He kissed me gently and I kissed him back.

After we ate the breakfast that he had made, he looked at me, “Your turn now princess” he smiled as he handed me a small square box. I opened it carefully and inside lay a beautiful, white gold diamond ring. My breath caught in my throat as I looked at him. He smiled as he handed me a card. I opened it and inside it read;

‘Dear Jaz,

                Before I met you I only had one thing to live for, the band. Then I met you and it was like for the first time my life had more meaning. I could live for a more reasons, the band, the fans, my love for drumming and you, the other half of me. I love you so much it hurts, I was going to say this on Valentine’s, then I moved it to your birthday then I decided to do it today, because today is the day I asked you to be mine, my perfect girlfriend, my angel, my princess.

Happy Anniversary,

                        I love you so much,

Forever yours, Tris x’

I hadn’t noticed the fact that tears were falling from my eyes. I wiped them on the back of my hand and looked at him. “Ask me?” I asked him. He cleared his throat, “Marry me?” he asked me. I nodded and hugged him “Yes, yes I will” I whispered as I held his close. He held me close and I could hear him giving a sigh of relief as we pulled away. He placed the ring on my finger and kissed me passionately. I kissed him back and held onto his neck as I straddled him. He held my waist before pinning me to the bed and pulled his top off of me. I smiled as I pulled his top off before he started to kiss my neck.

I lay next to him panting, our breathing matched. I giggled as he looked at me “What?” he asked. “I have something to tell you” I said. He looked at me and waited for me to finish. I took a deep breath and looked at him, watching his facial expressions as I told him.

Please remember to vote, follow and comment